The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

11 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Slowly adding to my position on Nykaa. Their entry into fashion retail is what I'm unsure about but bullish on their dominance in makeup & wellness retail space.

Overall bearish in general till March though. I like the company but may get it at a better price in a month just by its association with the other tech players getting a beating, viz. Zomato & Paytm.

Even at 550/share that will be 10x Sales. Global competitors are trading around 1-2x and even global e-commerce doesn't go north of 3x.

Opportunity size and TAM are there but these valuations are not sustainable especially with current margins. The growth needed to achieve that is practically impossible.

18 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Even at 550/share that will be 10x Sales. Global competitors are trading around 1-2x and even global e-commerce doesn't go north of 3x.

Opportunity size and TAM are there but these valuations are not sustainable especially with current margins. The growth needed to achieve that is practically impossible.

Global competitors don't enjoy a similar monopoly though. Same with general retail e-comm players.

Nykaa has a nice monopoly niche in a very fragmented beauty & wellness space in India. Global competitors are unable to get a foothold due to their pricing strategies + product portfolio fit for Indian markets.

IMO Oriflame & Amway are it's real competitors here but with the recent crackdown on MLMs that opens up the space for expansion.

I'm averaging down at this point. Looking forward to their earnings post IPO.

https://tradingqna.com/t/everything-you-need-to-know-about-restrictions-on-new-investments-in-international-mutual-funds-and-etfs/126326

Regular SIPs will be migrated to AMC SIPs.

Add in your SIPs today or before 2PM tomorrow but I am sure post march, $7B limit will be revised and new inflows will be allowed.

Edited by KunjanPSD

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

https://tradingqna.com/t/everything-you-need-to-know-about-restrictions-on-new-investments-in-international-mutual-funds-and-etfs/126326

Regular SIPs will be migrated to AMC SIPs.

Add in your SIPs today or before 2PM tomorrow but I am sure post march, $7B limit will be revised and new inflows will be allowed.

I tried doing some lumpsum investmeny yesterday through Kuvera. Money got deducted but it showed pending -_-

I hope it gets sorted before 2pm tomorrow. Else - it will all be waste.

4 hours ago, funjabi said:

I tried doing some lumpsum investmeny yesterday through Kuvera. Money got deducted but it showed pending -_-

I hope it gets sorted before 2pm tomorrow. Else - it will all be waste.

It should get processed today and you'll get a confirmation tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

My GTT got rejected because Zerodha transferred funds back to bank. And now the stock has rebounded, what the hell is this.

Why would they do something like this. I can understand if they cut some fee as hidden charge but why would they revert it on bank. 

Must be something went wrong when adding funds. 

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Why would they do something like this. I can understand if they cut some fee as hidden charge but why would they revert it on bank. 

Must be something went wrong when adding funds. 

No. That's a part of the quarterly settlement.

Every broker has to follow this.

You must receive an email for the same.

They reverted the funds from my Zerodha Account to Bank, early morning and the GTT failed at 10. Bad luck.

32 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

So every 3 months the unused funds with Zerodha are to be sent back to me? That's a decent rule I can get behind.

It’s 90 or 30 days.

That is, all the funds will be transferred back to your account every 90 days and in addition to that if your account doesn’t see any trading activity for a period of 30 days, free cash will be transferred back to the bank in this case too.

The settlement date is actually visible in Funds page on Console.

In my case, it was just bad luck.

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

No. That's a part of the quarterly settlement.

Every broker has to follow this.

You must receive an email for the same.

They reverted the funds from my Zerodha Account to Bank, early morning and the GTT failed at 10. Bad luck.

Didn't know that. I just checked and I didn't receive any amount from Zerodha recently. Although, I did wonder why my amount is exactly 0. I mean I didn't have much funds but it couldn't have been zero. 

It says net settlement for equity in statement but that is for equity adjustment. I don't see any specific mail for this either, nor any money received in my account.