The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

33 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Didn't know that. I just checked and I didn't receive any amount from Zerodha recently. Although, I did wonder why my amount is exactly 0. I mean I didn't have much funds but it couldn't have been zero. 

It says net settlement for equity in statement but that is for equity adjustment. I don't see any specific mail for this either, nor any money received in my account. 

Check your bank statement. Although it should be given in Zerodha's too.

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Meta tanked >20% post market. Advertising "weakening". 

This market is going to thrash everything.

Paypal missed estimates by 1% and see what happened.

Meta has been anyway investing heavily in, well, meta. With rise of other Ad engines, this was bound to happen.

Google, MS, Amazon, Oracle on the other hand, are much better businesses than most of the Indian listed space.

13 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Poor optics for sure. 

But if Zomato as a listed company wants to invest in some startups where the founder is also invested - unless the founder sells his share, wouldn't that be a conflict of interest ? I know it's too good to be true, but still is a potential scenario. 

41 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Poor optics for sure. 

But if Zomato as a listed company wants to invest in some startups where the founder is also invested - unless the founder sells his share, wouldn't that be a conflict of interest ? I know it's too good to be true, but still is a potential scenario. 

I think you're right and he's wrong, this must have been done to avoid conflict of intrest.

In on other news, sintex is up 5% because of news that reliance is buying stake. But.................. the resolution states equity will go to zero. :bash::bash::bash:

No one can save retail investors.

5 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

All big companies do strategic M&A, man. Big tech companies like Tech Mahnidra close 10+ transactions every year. Every company has a corp dev team. Nothing out of the ordinary imo.

Let me find where I read it. It was more of an incubator type thing I believe, similar to what InfoEdge has been doing.

4 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

hi. is conflict of interest an ethical issue or it is illegal?  

Illegal if it's not disclosed I believe. Not a lawyer though.

13 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Meta tanked >20% post market. Advertising "weakening". 

Opened reddit and this is first thing in my feed. 

Freakin 220Billion loss in valuation, almost 25% drop on open bell. Had to open the article and check if that's really a B and not an M :/

https://www.businessinsider.in/tech/news/meta-is-poised-to-suffer-the-largest-one-day-wipeout-in-us-corporate-history-its-valuation-could-slump-by-more-than-190-billion-when-markets-open-/articleshow/89325146.cms

Edited by gecko89

Core business made $33B last quarter as compared to $27B in Q4FY20 and $21B in Q4FY19.

Meta trading at <20x FCF, that is insane.

Especially with over $10B put behind R&D.

I would seriously put 5% of my PF behind Meta if it were simpler.

Margin of safety is too good.

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I would seriously put 5% of my PF behind Meta if it were simpler.

Margin of safety is too good.

Agree. Company is a money printing machine. I stopped bothering with individual US stocks but I would be so inclined too.

Amazon's earnings tonight, let's see if we have a flat market or another discount sale tomorrow.