The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

What do you guys think of IEX? Sharing my quick & dirty analysis below

Company has been having consistently positive QoQ results. Posted it's highest operating profits in Sept & Dec 21 quarters. Operating margin and sales have been going up without significant increase in expenses due to nature of business. On a macro level with the shift towards electric energy in the future, consumption is going to go up leading to an increase in their relevance. 

Currently the stock is trading significantly lower than its 52 week high, by about 30-35%. It's current trading at 220. I'm not big on technical chart patterns but at the moment it's formed a nice head and shoulders pattern which would mean it could possibly take more of a beating down to 195-200.

Currently have a small position in it which I'm slowly adding to.

1 hour ago, El Tigre Chino said:

What do you guys think of IEX? Sharing my quick & dirty analysis below

Company has been having consistently positive QoQ results. Posted it's highest operating profits in Sept & Dec 21 quarters. Operating margin and sales have been going up without significant increase in expenses due to nature of business. On a macro level with the shift towards electric energy in the future, consumption is going to go up leading to an increase in their relevance. 

Currently the stock is trading significantly lower than its 52 week high, by about 30-35%. It's current trading at 220. I'm not big on technical chart patterns but at the moment it's formed a nice head and shoulders pattern which would mean it could possibly take more of a beating down to 195-200.

Currently have a small position in it which I'm slowly adding to.

Like like a H&S both on D and W. There's also 200ema support at...200. And even with H&S, the targets are around 170-200. I will also add at these levels, starting from 210 or so (i think there's bullish divergence at 4H, but it's open up interpretation). 

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Like like a H&S both on D and W. There's also 200ema support at...200. And even with H&S, the targets are around 170-200. I will also add at these levels, starting from 210 or so (i think there's bullish divergence at 4H, but it's open up interpretation). 

:loco:

39 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nifty / Sensex in general has formed and H&S pattern with IEX following trend. Intuitively I feel it'll hit a strong support on 200 and is unlikely to fall below that. Will add in more at 205 next.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

what are your long term 10 years views on Met Platforms/Facebook? 

Positive but I have reasonable risk appetite.

Users might have gone down but they are churning cash and full pedal on buyback.

Huge investment in R&D in Meta will decide the future.

Also, I think you should let your cousin plan and do his own investments.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Positive but I have reasonable risk appetite.

Users might have gone down but they are churning cash and full pedal on buyback.

Huge investment in R&D in Meta will decide the future.

Thanks, bought some FB at $230.5 on Monday. Will steadily invest on dips

46 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Also, I think you should let your cousin plan and do his own investments.

This has been completely taken care of

Edited by 0verlord

Solara's results have been shocking.

Looks to me that the same thing which happened to Strides, might repeat with Solara.

Thankfully I cut my position majorly months ago. Management says it will be an one off but I am not too keen on ex-Arun Kumar's companies.

Capability is there, execution is not. Same case with Neuland but Solara has much more deeper problems.

I hope Carlyle can do a turnaround with Sequent.

Learning: How to differentiate between a serial investor vs actual, dependable promoter.

2 hours ago, dante77 said:

Solid results aren't able to push any stock. Aarti Industries, IRCTC, HUL etc are stagnant even after their excellent results which surpassed expectations. 

Since I am fairly new and have only seen 2 results season so far. Is this common? 

Common when the market sentiment is low or if the stocks have already run up before the results.

So yes, common. 2020/21 was an anomaly.

• Thanks 1