The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

9 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Inflation and interest hikes.

I am expecting a decent correction in small-mid cap. Seems like sitting on cash is the best thing to do right now.

9 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Only one DIVIS!

Divi's is so consistent with its results. It is amazing to see. I have decent investment in it. 

Wipro's valuation is tempting. Need to average it down. 

Just now, dante77 said:

Divi's is so consistent with its results. It is amazing to see. I have decent investment in it. 

Devil is there in the details.

40% of the topline came from Molnupiravir (Covid drug).

Ex that, double digit reduction in YoY and QoQ numbers.

Now Covid revenue might persist for another quarter or maybe a few but this is a one off and not actual growth.

If Divis is finding it hard ex-Covid revenue then you really know how pressed API companies are right now.

FY23/24/25 hopefully are better.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Devil is there in the details.

40% of the topline came from Molnupiravir (Covid drug).

Ex that, double digit reduction in YoY and QoQ numbers.

Now Covid revenue might persist for another quarter or maybe a few but this is a one off and not actual growth.

If Divis is finding it hard ex-Covid revenue then you really know how pressed API companies are right now.

FY23/24/25 hopefully are better.

Bhai kabhi kuch meetha bol diya karo. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What is the opportunity cost for the covid revenue?

I am not sure what you mean by that.

Capacity and capability was there with Divis anyway, if there wasn't any Covid business then the topline would have equally reduced.

It's not like they are giving up on any other investment to bring in Covid revenue.

Same for other companies too but obviously, getting the contracts for it is a different thing.

Divis got the contract because of their reputation. It's very well possible that some company can beat them on cost but the credibility goes a long way.

Covid revenue may persist but as we start hoping for the end of the pandemic, same will happen with this revenue stream.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

-4.5% here too. Good that I sold all my BOB holdings on Friday. Have some cash to play with. Will wait and see what lord Putin decides. 

If Ukraine's ambassador's words are to be believed then things might just calm down.

Not sure if Putin will roll back on his demand on permanent ban for entry for non-NATO members.

Be it inflation or fed hike or war, market just looks for reason to dip when valuations are running high. Another 10% dip and deep value will emerge ex: look at ICICI, awesome results, keeps dropping.