The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

If you guys are interested in applying for LIC IPO and hold an existing LIC Policy, make sure your LIC Policy has your PAN No. linked to it. 
https://linkpan.licindia.in/UIDSeedingWebApp/

and this link to check if its linked or not https://linkpan.licindia.in/UIDSeedingWebApp/getPolicyPANStatus

22 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Nykaa still has a PE ratio of 1144!!!! This is insane!!! 

Many think that this phenomenon is limited to these new age firms but have a look at enterprise tech. Multiples are insane. 

Persistent at 49x

Happiest Minds at 95x

L&T Tech at 53x 

And so on... 

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Many think that this phenomenon is limited to these new age firms but have a look at enterprise tech. Multiples are insane. 

Persistent at 49x

Happiest Minds at 95x

L&T Tech at 53x 

And so on... 

Dude but 100 and 110 pe is still ok when you compare it to 1100. Is there any other company in the market which has this high valuation? 

Hi guys need some advice. I started using small case for SIP's last year. But now I have realised that all its doing is investing in NIFTYBEES. So is It advisable to keep that in my investment portfolio ? OR should I just stop this SIP and invest more in MF. I already have 4 MF SIP's: 

1. PPFCF

2. Motiwal Nasdaq 100

3. Mirea asset emerging bluechip fund

4. ICICI Nifty index fund 

All of the above 4 SIP's are in equal proportion on coin Zerodha.

on the other hand I have 50k worth of nifty bees, So should I just sell them off and invest in MF's ? Or just let that Smallcase SIP keep on going ? 

Any piece of advice would be highly appreciated :) Also guide me with my MF portfolio, If any changes are required ? 

47 minutes ago, TAZ said:

Hi guys need some advice. I started using small case for SIP's last year. But now I have realised that all its doing is investing in NIFTYBEES. So is It advisable to keep that in my investment portfolio ? OR should I just stop this SIP and invest more in MF. I already have 4 MF SIP's: 

1. PPFCF

2. Motiwal Nasdaq 100

3. Mirea asset emerging bluechip fund

4. ICICI Nifty index fund 

All of the above 4 SIP's are in equal proportion on coin Zerodha.

on the other hand I have 50k worth of nifty bees, So should I just sell them off and invest in MF's ? Or just let that Smallcase SIP keep on going ? 

Any piece of advice would be highly appreciated :) Also guide me with my MF portfolio, If any changes are required ? 

Correct me if im wrong but isnt niftybees and icici nifty fifty index basically the same? @Mr. Comingle @KnackChap @Bird Bird Bird @KunjanPSD?

also why go Small case route just for nifty bees. You can zerodha to do it with a simple basket than executes every month/week/day?

7 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Small case if it's investing in only nifty stocks might be more efficient from a cost perspective if the small ase is free. Afaik small ase charged an upfront fee on first investment but nothing else. Mf and ETF will charge management fees however small it is. 

Bruh small case just buys the ETF, all the brokerage and the ETF expenses will always be there 

There is no point in using a Smallcase for investing in ETFs or Index.

You can't just pay a one time fee and let go of the underlying expense ratio of the Index fund or the ETF.

And Smallcases come in different forms. Some are free and you only need to pay once while some are subscribtion based. Mainly the popular ones are sub based which either charge you a flat amount per N months or just take a % of your profit/principal.

3 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Bruh small case just buys the ETF, all the brokerage and the ETF expenses will always be there 

This is correct. The only possible advantage which a smallcase might have is that it might rebalance to maintain ratio of Nifty 50 and Nifty Next depending on market conditions.

But again, useless coz it's quarterly and doesn't really impact that significantly.

11 minutes ago, funjabi said:

This is correct. The only possible advantage which a smallcase might have is that it might rebalance to maintain ratio of Nifty 50 and Nifty Next depending on market conditions.

But again, useless coz it's quarterly and doesn't really impact that significantly.

In long term i.e. 7-10 years, that rebalancing will not amount to much alpha. Because you will have to pay brokerage fees and STT/LTT during rebalancing.

Just keep a constant 75-25 or 50-50 ratio of Nifty 50 and Next 50 throughout.

Also if the market goes sideways, like it did between 2010-2014 then rebalancing won't even creat an alpha.

17 minutes ago, funjabi said:

Rebalance has no impact. just stick to Nifty ETF, Nifty next 50 and that kotak next alpha nifty or something.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Lol. I thought the small case was manually investing in individual stocks :rofl:

Yes but those are different smallcase that has its own fees. ETF smallcases are free, but no point to go smallcase route for index etf .

14 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Correct me if im wrong but isnt niftybees and icici nifty fifty index basically the same? @Mr. Comingle @KnackChap @Bird Bird Bird @KunjanPSD?

also why go Small case route just for nifty bees. You can zerodha to do it with a simple basket than executes every month/week/day?

Okay then. I will just keep on manually adding Niftybees every month. Rest I will check some small cap index fund rather than icici index fund.