The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

3 hours ago, funjabi said:

How can someone no longer be a 'Founder'? :unsure:

Are they like discrediting him from it? They won't be able to change the fact that he 'co-founded' Bharat pe.

3 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

That means he has been cancelled.

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Founders keepers man. That's the rule.

Technically, he did not co found BharatPe. 2 other guys did, one of them sold all his shares to Ashneer. 

https://www.businesstoday.in/entrepreneurship/news/story/did-ashneer-grover-not-co-found-bharatpe-324332-2022-03-01

Anybody has any info on RSUs vs ESOPs declaration during foreign remittance ?

My account is with ICICI, but the CC is clueless. They are unclear with their answers. 

I vested my RSUs, but their declaration form only mentions ESOPs - kinda confused on what to exactly declare. 

@Mr. Comingle ?

I have 15 shares of TCS since a couple of months in my account, I want to exit with the buyback option. How does it work ? Never taken part in a buyback, I know I am eligible as I had the shares on 23rd Feb which was the record date. So what exactly do I need to do ? I use Kite. 

Edit: I don't see it on the Kite bulletin where they usually post about buybacks. When is the TCS buyback to start ?

Edited by SuperT

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

No idea. 

But RSUs are just ESOPs with a fancy name afaik

You don't have to pay for RSUs though but for options you need to pay the strike price.

In declaration shouldn't really be any difference though.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SuperT said:

I have 15 shares of TCS since a couple of months in my account, I want to exit with the buyback option. How does it work ? Never taken part in a buyback, I know I am eligible as I had the shares on 23rd Feb which was the record date. So what exactly do I need to do ? I use Kite. 

Edit: I don't see it on the Kite bulletin where they usually post about buybacks. When is the TCS buyback to start ?

You'll see a tender offer in the corporate action section on Zerodha Console. 

Haven't done it myself but I read about it and check to see personally. Some other company's buyback was there. So it will be the same for TCS. 

Also, I think their acceptance ratio won't be 100% so you won't be able to completely exit. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dante77 said:

You'll see a tender offer in the corporate action section on Zerodha Console. 

Haven't done it myself but I read about it and check to see personally. Some other company's buyback was there. So it will be the same for TCS. 

Also, I think their acceptance ratio won't be 100% so you won't be able to completely exit. 

Checked out a couple of articles - usually the buyback starts 30-40 days after the record date so maybe by end of this month or maybe they will wait for financial year closing and keep it for April. Picked it up around 3400 a couple of months back for long term but the buyback offer is pretty good so will definitely take part. Let's see how much the acceptance ratio will be. 

22 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Checked out a couple of articles - usually the buyback starts 30-40 days after the record date so maybe by end of this month or maybe they will wait for financial year closing and keep it for April. Picked it up around 3400 a couple of months back for long term but the buyback offer is pretty good so will definitely take part. Let's see how much the acceptance ratio will be. 

Quota is different for shareholders based upon their holdings, like IPO. Anything less than 52 (afaik) shares and one is characterized as a small investor.

6 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Quota is different for shareholders based upon their holdings, like IPO. Anything less than 52 (afaik) shares and one is characterized as a small investor.

I think the criteria for individual investor to qualify for this buyback was if you hold shares less than Rs. 2 lakhs on 23rd Feb in your demat. So approx. 20-22 shares on that day. 

13 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I vested my RSUs, but their declaration form only mentions ESOPs - kinda confused on what to exactly declare. 

Just add both gains and fill total gains in that section .

RSU - Since you don't pay for RSU - the total value of stock exercised is your gain .

ESOP - You only have to pay tax on gains in ESOP - difference between fair market value and the rate at which you exercise the option as specified by your company.  (multiply it with total number of stocks) . Add ESOP gains and RSU gains and declare it . 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I think the criteria for individual investor to qualify for this buyback was if you hold shares less than Rs. 2 lakhs on 23rd Feb in your demat. So approx. 20-22 shares on that day. 

But the acceptance ratio and quota is different for different tiers.

Exactly.

Just gotta sip & sip.

I have it set in my mind that 2022 will be accumulation year for me and 2023 onwards is when I will start expecting profits.

Are there any particular stocks anyone looking at to correct? Something which was too expensive or had a sharp run up?

Looking for stocks that I might have missed. 

@Bird Bird Bird @LordSpymaster @KnackChap