The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

I don't pop in here too often, I stick to my MFs and Index Funds.

Its never been in the red before. I started adding it to about a year ago - and today its absolutely down bad.

I know this isn't supposed to be that concerning and I should just buy the dip - but this isn't a regular dip so a little concerned.

Any comments or do I just dump in a bunch more cash? will do so tomorrow.

Also - my Coin acc is linked to my HDFC account - but now I have a Canara Bank acc with more funds. But the Coin app won't let me use that account for UPI.

I tried transferring from Canara Bank to HDFC bank but UPI doesn't allow money transfer since both are my own accounts. Any work around?

4 minutes ago, North said:

Its never been in the red before. I started adding it to about a year ago - and today its absolutely down bad.

I know this isn't supposed to be that concerning and I should just buy the dip - but this isn't a regular dip so a little concerned.

Also - my Coin acc is linked to my HDFC account - but now I have a Canara Bank acc with more funds. But the Coin app won't let me use that account for UPI.

I tried transferring from Canara Bank to HDFC bank but UPI doesn't allow money transfer since both are my own accounts. Any work around?

Just stick to your SIP schedule. This correction isn't going anywhere for a while.

And use Netbanking to transfer between the two and then use UPI to Zerodha?

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Just stick to your SIP schedule. This correction isn't going anywhere for a while.

And use Netbanking to transfer between the two and then use UPI to Zerodha?

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Just do IMPS. 

Canara Bank Net services are hot garbage, the interface gives me 2007 flashbacks, and not in a good way. I'll see what I can do.

Anyway I don't do SIP - because cash inflow isn't very consistent. I do have a sizeable amount of capital (for me anyway) sitting so I can just make a hefty investment now.

I know small dips don't matter much in long term investing but seems like a big fat correction so I'm sure there is some advantage as compared to blind SIP. 

I'm doing UTI Nifty and MO's S&P 500 fund. Current allocation is like a 10:1 so I'll look to add to both but balance the scales a little I guess.

11 minutes ago, North said:

Its not a regular dip but MFs are usually for long term and historically market has proven that is always go up. I am assuming the worst and thinking it will last entire year. 

8 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Its not a regular dip but MFs are usually for long term and historically market has proven that is always go up. I am assuming the worst and thinking it will last entire year. 

if covid crash can recover - I guess so can this.

PS. I opened up Canara's net banking portal - its hot garbage - went to all the trouble of adding my HDFC acc as beneficiary, never done net banking before on my own - and it tells me I need to reset a transaction password - and that option is currently not working on the website.

pathetic online services. will find a different way hopefully.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:41 PM, dante77 said:

Yeah. I don't really understand. I have 7 shares. How many will they buy back? 

TCS entitlement ratio as announced is 1 share for every 7 shares (guaranteed ). this ratio is 14 % as against around 40% the previous 3 buybacks. So yes, the ratio is low. But the final acceptance ratio( the no of shares tcs will accept over and above the 1 in 7) can be anywhere near to 50% to 70%( last 3 times it was 100%).

So in short tender all shares for buyback, even if you have less than 7 shares.

If lucky TCS can buy around 3 to 5 shares for every 7 shares tendered.

Welcome back HOPE...

Edited by speedy
  • Like 1

I would say invest somewhere else with 10k you are not going to earn much even with high risk. Also you forgot to mention the holding period. The only way is to go for high reward is to invest in options but it falls in very high risk category 

On 3/15/2022 at 9:44 AM, LordSpymaster said:

So say I want to put 10K into the market today, with a medium/high risk appetite. Where would you suggest I put that? 

Currently hold Jubliant Ingrevia, DIL, Aortel and ICICI

I would say look at Piramal. Demerger is coming and every analyst in the world is tracking it but probably not enough to correctly value the NBFC business. The pharma business is next to none.

10 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Motilal Oswal suspending existing SIPs in the international funds ex: Nasdaq 100 FoF.

Stupid RBI can't even raise the limit, my SIP is due on 1st April itself.

What ? My next SIP was also on 1st April. April fool bana diya RBI ne. I am guessing it will take at least 15-20 days to sort this out.