The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

Hey guys -  I add to three funds : The UTI Nifty Index Fund, the MO S&P 500 Index Fund, and the MO Large and Midcap Fund.

Anyway - for the first and third I have been buying more when I can. But for the S&P 500 fund - the Coin app only shows me the 'redeem' option. Its not letting me buy more.

Anyone know why that is?

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I think MFs crossed the maximum permissible foriegn shares limit or something. 

ah okay I see. any other complications except not being able to buy more?

I'll continue to add to the nifty - but my mf portfolio is very heavy on that fund.

Any additional options I can consider? I don't do SIP since my inflow of cash is very turbulent as a student - so if there is anything pls rec.

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

No complications. 

Nifty is good enough, man. Imo you don't need to diversify since it's all solid stocks and will give decent returns. 

yeah that is true. though I have more risk tolerance so I'm willing to look into small caps and mid caps funds that may offer greater potential returns.

PF will still be nifty heavy but if you think there is something I'll do it otherwise I'll just stick to nifty

TCS results time.

I got a shock of a life time last time TCS results were announced. Was trying to earn quick profit. Bought on Friday and thought of selling on Monday and Monday my my it was over 200 points down when Markets opened :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Bank nifty 37123 

an Hour later 

Bank nifty 35950 

Ek dum se waqt badal gye, jazbaat badal gye aur kuch logon ke capital bhi udd gye. 

Was in 6k profit today and closed at 2k :furious: I am this close to leaving options now. Apne na bas ki hai aur na samajh ki hai. Its a trap. 

3 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

What happened to PVR? Anyone following it? 

Nothing on the news.

I assume it's panic selling which was kicked off by FIIs in last 30 mins.

Covid scare throws out weak hands, same happened with Inox. Most of th scrips went the same actually.