The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

1 hour ago, Pushy said:

from 2 straight a*s days, boring first half and explosive second half, mast buying momentum aya :happydance:

I was pretty sure it wont break 17000 today :P Tried to play the support with small quantity but it broke, thankfully averaging out worked in the end and i was able to exit with a small pull back. Uske baad PE lene ka himmat hi nahi hua so sat out completely. 

34 minutes ago, hope said:

I was pretty sure it wont break 17000 today :P Tried to play the support with small quantity but it broke, thankfully averaging out worked in the end and i was able to exit with a small pull back. Uske baad PE lene ka himmat hi nahi hua so sat out completely. 

tr00 tr00...1nce u knw hw d mrkt works, u can make money in bith the directions, CE and PE, i did both 2dei <3 

Edited by Pushy
  • Like 1

How will the discount apply to the policyholders of LIC during the IPO ? I know the policyholders had to update the pan details on the LIC website but I want to understand how it will work during the IPO ? Will the discount apply when the shares get allocated by checking the pan number registered with the broker and matching it with LIC at the back end ?

1 hour ago, hope said:

Strides Pharma comes out as the biggest loser in the past 8 months in the pharma sector.  What a fall.

Is the pharma wave over now? 

Depends what you categorise as Pharma.

Generic elephants? They were never gonna sustain.

Niche and Novel manufacturing? I would say that the best is yet to come.

When it comes to Strides, I was bullish too but promoters really killed this golden goose. In order to save their US generics business, they pulled the funding, focus and demerger of the thriving Bio business.

Solara just called off their acquisition which was supposed to catapult their CDMO biz.

Arun Kumar's thought process of an Investor rather than a promoter has been very detrimental.

There are some exceptions though, especially in the branded domain. Sequent is doing much better, Carlyle has done a lot of cleaning. Indoco is still holding.

Other companies are doing much better, look at the CDMO growth from Ingrevia, Laurus and Piramal.

Look at incremental revenues from Laurus Bio.

Once you make that segregation between Old Pharma and the new, you'll get to see the real picture.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Laurus still going up despite average result. 

Other companies got beaten despite awesome result. 

:mellow:

What's avg. about the results?

I think they are fairly good.

Many stocks are correcting just because of the valuation runup and the macro environment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

What's avg. about the results?

I think they are fairly good.

Many stocks are correcting just because of the valuation runup and the macro environment.

I am not an expert or too technical to judge a result but this seems average 

https://www.business-standard.com/article/news-cm/laurus-labs-q4-pat-declines-23-yoy-to-rs-230-cr-122042800869_1.html

Especially when compared to HUL, Divi's etc. I may be wrong though. 

8 hours ago, dante77 said:

I am not an expert or too technical to judge a result but this seems average 

https://www.business-standard.com/article/news-cm/laurus-labs-q4-pat-declines-23-yoy-to-rs-230-cr-122042800869_1.html

Especially when compared to HUL, Divi's etc. I may be wrong though. 

Divis has not reported results yet?

HUL is completely different, can't compare.

Bottom line was going to be impacted this quarter, it was very much expected.

Check the commentary from management, you'll see the EBITDA margins they are targeting.

11 hours ago, dante77 said:

Laurus still going up despite average result. 

Other companies got beaten despite awesome result. 

:mellow:

Fed meeting , LIC Ipo and many factors. Good for me

Finally got good amount of LTTS , added some more ITC , IDFCFB , and tracking position in RUPA.

NO RECO'S.

16 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Fed meeting , LIC Ipo and many factors. Good for me

Finally got good amount of LTTS , added some more ITC , IDFCFB , and tracking position in RUPA.

NO RECO'S.

Why IDFCFB?

Do you mean IDFC?