The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

I am not sure how Kotak is doing it because they closed the investments at the sector level, maybe they have some leeway.

I think maybe because they invest in ETF instead of mutual fund? Though not sure.

1 minute ago, mohit9206 said:

I think maybe because they invest in ETF instead of mutual fund? Though not sure.

I am not sure how Kotak does it but Funds of ETFs are still open but then you are buying the units at a premium as compared to their actual price in the US markets.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Look into the details. Generic contribution is the killer.

That's the thing. I don't understand the details. Don't wanna read it because sar ke upar se jayega :lol:

I just rev up, this up that up. Beats expectations and I just assume that results are good :lol:

39 minutes ago, dante77 said:

That's the thing. I don't understand the details. Don't wanna read it because sar ke upar se jayega :lol:

I just rev up, this up that up. Beats expectations and I just assume that results are good :lol:

Results are good but basically sizable contribution from one off opportunities. Market likes certainty and with those valuations, it's hard to follow up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/25/fed-minutes-may-2022.html

More hikes incoming. Potentially further 2% hike by year end in 50 bps increments. 

We're f**ked. I think buying the dip wasn't such a great idea. 

It is not about buying the dip, it is about the spreading your buys through the dips. I always keep 30% of my PF as cash in case index drops 5% or more.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I had just received my bonus and didn't make sense to keep it idle. Only invested in niftybees. Kept decent portion as cash but it dipped again quite a bit so bought again. Didn't think inflation would be such a big issue. 

Fed's comments are nothing new. Everyone was expecting faster and further raising.

I would say this news is already priced in or being priced in. That is for Indian Markets.

As a strategy I keep 30% as cash and deploy 2% at every 5% dip in Index (spread out), that gives me 15 buy the dip opportunities and for me to use all of those, the index will have to drop by almost 53%.

Depending on the time period over which 5% dip happens, I might deploy more than 2% in some cases. Otherwise I nibble, 1-2 shares of the stock I like.

2 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Added some at 179 today. Have pretty much maxed out position size on this one.

I don't hold it because valuations ran up way before I studied it. At 150, I will definitely at 2-3% weightage.

22 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I don't hold it because valuations ran up way before I studied it. At 150, I will definitely at 2-3% weightage.

Aye. I didn't think it would break 180 basis it's previous quarter. If it drops to 150 it'll be painfully long wait for recovery with the current market conditions.