The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

I want to risk 5k, and might just do it. Damodaran says the fair value is now 35 ish, so might wait a week or so to see. I'm expecting another loss making earnings release so that may pressurize the stock further. Lets see. 

Acc to me fair value is around 20-25rs.

5 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

If you're ok with the volatility in short to medium term then you may consider it. Fundamentally, they have a business model that will grow and expand. Hyperpure can be a gamechanger for the stock if it is executed well. 

I'd still not put all my money at once, but allocate smaller tranches over time.  

Hyperpure has too much competition , can not be a game changer.

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I want to risk 5k, and might just do it. Damodaran says the fair value is now 35 ish, so might wait a week or so to see. I'm expecting another loss making earnings release so that may pressurize the stock further. Lets see. 

That fair value was before the disclosed the blinkit blunder. I have zero trust on that management , and i would rather risk that 5k on penny stocks than this. 

1 hour ago, rushab oswal said:

Hyperpure has too much competition , can not be a game changer.

That fair value was before the disclosed the blinkit blunder. I have zero trust on that management , and i would rather risk that 5k on penny stocks than this. 

That fair value includes Blinkit as well iirc. 

Reading their quarterly results right now. 

18 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

That fair value includes Blinkit as well iirc. 

Reading their quarterly results right now. 

No what i meant is the blunder they did when aquiring blinkit. scroll a few pages back you'll find my post about it. Shady management is the 1st sign of staying out of the stock.

22 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

No what i meant is the blunder they did when aquiring blinkit. scroll a few pages back you'll find my post about it. Shady management is the 1st sign of staying out of the stock.

At a price, even shady management can make you money.

For me, that price for Zomato is 30.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

But why take the risk? So many better oppurtunities out there.

Asymmetric Risk vs Reward.

Not gonna invest more than 1-2% of PF cumulatively in these companies.

I was lucky to exit unharmed from Strides, suck bets need tracking.

I got stuck with Strides and Take in my swing portfolio. They've been swinging around -50 to -65% for quite sometime now. Not sure, if they'll ever get close to my buying average ever :rofl:

Stopped doing swing trades since then, and only trying accumulate in very lumpsums, whenever there's a decent fall in some of the good large caps 

12 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Any particular reason you are looking only at Wipro? 

I thought it might be a good buy, after the recent drops. But later found that they had pretty poor results in the last quarter. So, dropped the accumulation plan for now. 

17 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Zomato - good buy at current levels? Is around 40-50 ish. 

Seems to me it's a decent bet for the long term if I get it now. 

This is strictly my personal opinion, but Zomato, or any other food delivery-based gig economy companies for that matter, are fundamentally not a good bet to invest in due to (1) slowing growth and (2) persistent losses. Without going into technical analysis, which is readily available online if you want, all food delivery apps across the world are functioning on high revenue but increasing losses. This holds true even for giants like DoorDash, GrubHub, Postmates, you name it. All of these food delivery apps have been operating on heavy losses, with the promise that they will turn the loss into profit in the future, but this promise has been elusive for years. Just think about it, if food delivery giants were not even able to convert their revenue into profits during the peak of the pandemic, a period which saw the highest uptick in the utilisation of said apps, what promise is there that they'll be able to turn around their losses in the post-pandemic period, when most countries have opened up and more and more people are resuming their daily lives?

10 hours ago, Ram Dante said:

I thought it might be a good buy, after the recent drops. But later found that they had pretty poor results in the last quarter. So, dropped the accumulation plan for now. 

Have you had a look at HCL Tech? You could also consider Happiest Minds for long term portfolio.

50 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

If not Zomato, where can I park 5K for say 1-2 years? Risk profile is medium-high for me. Currently own LIC, ICICI, PVR, DIL & Airtel. 

It's just 5k. Even if the stocks you have mentioned double in the next 2 years, I assume it would hardly make a dent on your overall PF.

For such small allocations, you should look for asymmetric risk v/s rewards.

Plays like Zomato fit the bill. You might lose the entirety of 5k but you might gain 2-3x as well.

Allocating small saves you in such cases, the rest of your PF can keep on compounding in a more consistent and slower pace.

P.S. Zomato is UC today.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

It's just 5k. Even if the stocks you have mentioned double in the next 2 years, I assume it would hardly make a dent on your overall PF.

For such small allocations, you should look for asymmetric risk v/s rewards.

Plays like Zomato fit the bill. You might lose the entirety of 5k but you might gain 2-3x as well.

Allocating small saves you in such cases, the rest of your PF can keep on compounding in a more consistent and slower pace.

P.S. Zomato is UC today.

Yeah, that's why I was keeping an eye on Zomato, but now I won't enter at this price. Will wait for it to go back down around 40 before entering. 

Need to find something else like this for now I guess... 

• 2 weeks later...

For Mirae Asset Emerging bluechip fund, the SIP limit is ₹2500 per month per PAN, right? But Coin allows you to have multiple SIPs of ₹2500 every month. The number of SIPs that go through every month seems to be variable. Why is it so?

44 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

For Mirae Asset Emerging bluechip fund, the SIP limit is ₹2500 per month per PAN, right? But Coin allows you to have multiple SIPs of ₹2500 every month. The number of SIPs that go through every month seems to be variable. Why is it so?

You can have multiple of them but Mirae will block the extra investments and you will in queue for refund.

I have seen Mirae being a bit weird when it comes to this PAN based tracking, so it's not Coin's issue.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 1