The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

@Bird Bird Bird Ever invested in RBI Bonds/T-bills?

Interest rate for 45Ms FD in HDFC (non-bank) is 7.5% now, 7.75 for senior citizen. 0.05 extra if done online.

Nope. Will look them up. Anything tax free?

37 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nope. Will look them up. Anything tax free?

There are tax-free bonds but maturity period is generally 10 years. But last time I did the math, I was able to find better alternatives for post-tax yield.

Check this out. Might be a bit dated now.

https://www.capitalmind.in/2022/05/tax-free-bonds-are-attractive-but-there-are-better-options-for-investors/

• Thanks 2

Quant MFs have been really catching my attention again. This level of performance is unparalleled.

AUM is not that high (probably because they aren't a part of NSE approved funds for margin lending) and it remains to be seen if they can replicate this with scale.

But very tempted to start a miniscule 2-3k/month SIP to see where it goes.

6 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Quant MFs have been really catching my attention again. This level of performance is unparalleled.

AUM is not that high (probably because they aren't a part of NSE approved funds for margin lending) and it remains to be seen if they can replicate this with scale.

But very tempted to start a miniscule 2-3k/month SIP to see where it goes.

I have a 2k per month Quant Small Cap MF running. Purely a risk investment to test the waters. Only been 5 months and the markets obviously have been too volatile to judge. Let’s see how it goes. 

58 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I have a 2k per month Quant Small Cap MF running. Purely a risk investment to test the waters. Only been 5 months and the markets obviously have been too volatile to judge. Let’s see how it goes. 

What's the current return on this? How much down?

On 10/16/2022 at 6:44 PM, SuperT said:

It's a bad idea to put sip in small cap funds

15 hours ago, dante77 said:

IEX gonna bleed further tomorrow. 

Historically, IEX doesn't do comparatively good when there is energy scarcity in the market with high prices. IEX is made for an environment where there is excess energy in the market and competition is booming.

I was expecting these results.

I am still adding though, not sure where IEX will go, just an experiment.

6 hours ago, DinJo said:

Data shows small cap funds vs the benchmarks (small/mid/large) but how many mid-cap funds beat the same benchmarks in the same period?

I would recon, not many. So this analysis is not complete.

Also, Quant has been a great outlier. Outliers can't be generalized , it might fall back into the pack but it might continue to be an outlier.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Data shows small cap funds vs the benchmarks (small/mid/large) but how many mid-cap funds beat the same benchmarks in the same period?

I would recon, not many. So this analysis is not complete.

Also, Quant has been a great outlier. Outliers can't be generalized , it might fall back into the pack but it might continue to be an outlier.

The big problem is you are looking at Quant in retrospective