The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone been investing in some liquid fund for short-term parking? Or maybe using linked-fd/swap options from the likes of pvt. banks like HDFC etc?

Want to know how the returns have been and in the case of later, how disolving the entire amount before maturity resulted in charges.

I just realised that damn HDFC (probably other banks as well) offer the same rates on short term FDs such as 7-30Ds as their savings account does. What a scam lol.

Even in case of 30D-180Ds if you withdraw prematurely, you get the same rate as that of the lesser tenure plus 1% penalty on interest rate. Lol, savings bank hi de rha hai itna toh.

15 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Has anyone been investing in some liquid fund for short-term parking? Or maybe using linked-fd/swap options from the likes of pvt. banks like HDFC etc?

Want to know how the returns have been and in the case of later, how disolving the entire amount before maturity resulted in charges.

Wanted to know the same, Liquidated 30% of PF, need to know best way to park.

Also who all applying for MAMAEARTH ipo?

2 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Wanted to know the same, Liquidated 30% of PF, need to know best way to park.

Also who all applying for MAMAEARTH ipo?

Afaik if you want to park money, nothing better than Bank FD/NSC/RBI Bonds.

For the bank FD, don't go with low tenure options like 7/15/30Ds, savings bank is giving pretty much the same interest.

In case of 90/180D tenure, rates are higher than savings bank but if you expect to withdraw this money prematurely or even sweep-in (partial amount), you will get rates of lower tenure plus 1% penalty on in the effective rate (which could go lower than savings bank rate).

So I guess best is to let some money stay in savings bank to make sure you can service any premature withdrawal needs and rest should be pe parked in >180Ds FDs.

No one should be applying for ME IPO but I don't get the buzz, it's obscene but not as obscene like Paytm was.

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Afaik if you want to park money, nothing better than Bank FD/NSC/RBI Bonds.

For the bank FD, don't go with low tenure options like 7/15/30Ds, savings bank is giving pretty much the same interest.

In case of 90/180D tenure, rates are higher than savings bank but if you expect to withdraw this money prematurely or even sweep-in (partial amount), you will get rates of lower tenure plus 1% penalty on in the effective rate (which could go lower than savings bank rate).

So I guess best is to let some money stay in savings bank to make sure you can service any premature withdrawal needs and rest should be pe parked in >180Ds FDs.

No one should be applying for ME IPO but I don't get the buzz, it's obscene but not as obscene like Paytm was.

Currently in savings account only. Tried looking up for liquidbees did not understand much.

Those who apply for mama earth are bound to loose money in the markes. for me its as obscene as paytm XD

On 1/1/2023 at 12:09 PM, KunjanPSD said:

I think it's NFO just ended and it's not available for free investments. Should open soon.

I can see it in Coin and other apps and could place an order but nothing mentioned about TER, exit load etc on the apps.

Have you come across TER etc?

I am in process of making a secondary portfolio in which I want to just invest in mutual funds. Ideally PF_Stocks : PF_MF = 70:30.

Idea is to have the PF_MF as a reality check and quit stocks if XIRR_MF > XIRR_Stock.

I don't expect the above condition to be fulfilled anytime soon so horizon is a minimum of 5yrs.

I have shortlisted a few but I need suggestions from people who have been religiously SIPing in MFs over 3yrs (ideally more).

Won't be taken as an investment advice but to read up about these funds.

@Bird Bird Bird @LordSpymaster @rushab oswal

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I am in process of making a secondary portfolio in which I want to just invest in mutual funds. Ideally PF_Stocks : PF_MF = 70:30.

Idea is to have the PF_MF as a reality check and quit stocks if XIRR_MF > XIRR_Stock.

I don't expect the above condition to be fulfilled anytime soon so horizon is a minimum of 5yrs.

I have shortlisted a few but I need suggestions from people who have been religiously SIPing in MFs over 3yrs (ideally more).

Won't be taken as an investment advice but to read up about these funds.

@Bird Bird Bird @LordSpymaster @rushab oswal

All my family funds (including mine) goes to PPFAS. I do have some others too but i gotta say I love PPFAS. Never seen its name in new age startup’s, sticks to core principles and outright transparency with monthly disclosures. Also heard good things about quant recently, though none of my money is invested.

every other fund went out to buy paytm, but not Parkih ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

All my family funds (including mine) goes to PPFAS. I do have some others too but i gotta say I love PPFAS. Never seen its name in new age startup’s, sticks to core principles and outright transparency with monthly disclosures. Also heard good things about quant recently, though none of my money is invested.

every other fund went out to buy paytm, but not Parkih ?

Not sure whether you know or not but every fund has similar transparency with monthly disclosures emails. 

@KunjanPSD Which funds have you shortlisted? 

@rushab oswal I have invested in Quant for more than 1.5 years I had invested in bulk and it has produced very good returns of 17% 

Edited by DinJo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Not sure whether you know or not but every fund has similar transparency with monthly disclosures emails. 

@KunjanPSD Which funds have you shortlisted? 

@rushab oswal I have invested in Quant for more than 1.5 years I had invested in bulk and it has produced very good returns of 17% 

MO Nifty 50

MO Nifty Next 50

PPFAS

Mirae Emerging Bluechip (capped at 2.5k/month)

Quant Active

Axis Small

MO Nasdaq 100

Not equal weightage.