The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

Dont do sip in midcap or small cap. 

To be honest next 50 hasn't been that great having invested for 2 years doesn't seems to be working out well. It's very volatile invest only if don't check often. 

Why not uti nifty 50 instead of MO? 

Do check fund overlap as mirae would overlap others https://thefundoo.com/Tools/PortfolioOverlap

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Dont do sip in midcap or small cap. 

To be honest next 50 hasn't been that great having invested for 2 years doesn't seems to be working out well. It's very volatile invest only if don't check often. 

Why not uti nifty 50 instead of MO? 

Do check fund overlap as mirae would overlap others https://thefundoo.com/Tools/PortfolioOverlap

It's not correct to reject a whole sector because of under performance. As an investor it's our job to study and pick outliers.

I am not expecting Next 50 to fire in 2yrs, hence horizon is a minimum 5yrs of SIP and top-ups.

MO because it has lower TER than UTI with better 3yr performance due to better tracking error.

Mirae is capped at 2500/month, not even to move the needle, it's more of a tracking position, the rest of the funds will make the majority.

There is bound to overlap and a certain degree of it is fine with me till the time I can cover different segments via the mix.

15 hours ago, DinJo said:

Not sure whether you know or not but every fund has similar transparency with monthly disclosures emails. 

@KunjanPSD Which funds have you shortlisted? 

@rushab oswal I have invested in Quant for more than 1.5 years I had invested in bulk and it has produced very good returns of 17% 

Yeah quant has been preety good . and i may have missed about monthly disclosures thanks for correcting me. 

15 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

MO Nifty 50

MO Nifty Next 50

PPFAS

Mirae Emerging Bluechip (capped at 2.5k/month)

Quant Active

Axis Small

MO Nasdaq 100

Not equal weightage.

Mirae invested in some new age companies so i significantly reduced my exposure.

14 minutes ago, DinJo said:

But could you predict it 2 years back? Take a look at small cap index for last 5 years and find out top performers and how they performed each year. 

https://freefincal.com/only-these-3-small-cap-mfs-have-outperformed-nifty-next-50-consistently/

I think we have had this conversation before and I would again ask you to see what % of MFs outperform Nifty over long term (not just small cap). You would see that the % is not that high.

Anyway, your style might suit you but might not suit others. No right or wrong here.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Yeah quant has been preety good . and i may have missed about monthly disclosures thanks for correcting me. 

Mirae invested in some new age companies so i significantly reduced my exposure.

2500/month is not a big exposure. Every fund has it's own investing strategy. Mirae did invest in these companies but allocation was always less than 1%.

I am more interested in their overall return strategy so I will take this risk.

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I think we have had this conversation before and I would again ask you to see what % of MFs outperform Nifty over long term (not just small cap). You would see that the % is not that high.

Anyway, your style might suit you but might not suit others. No right or wrong here.

I agree not many but proportionately only 1 or 2 funds beat compared to at least 7-8 in large cap. I would invest in small cap in crashes and exit within a year. 

22 hours ago, dante77 said:

There is a stock called Taparia Tools. It gives around 1500% of dividend (yearly div yield). Stock price is 12 Rs and gave 50 Rs. Dividend!

So, even if the loss is 100%, you are in profit! What the f??? 

Maybe it’s black money laundering 

9 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Anyone invested in Quant Tax saving elss MF? It's AUM is very small, that's what bothers me. 

One thing has to be kept in mind that Quant only performed in high volatility environment when Covid struck. They did not give much returns before that. They have extremely high churn. So don't consider them equivalent to funds which have been providing returns for over 10yrs. I add the lowest allocation to Quant Active fund because it is more of a tracking position, so only go for tax plan if that money is not a huge chunk of your overall allocation. Otherwise I would advise to split it between Quant and something like Mirae/Canara ELSS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...