The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

We don't matter. The tour operators and financial companies need to create a sh*t storm. 

Exactly. Mint will write a story about this sooner or later.

This is not just a way to curb forex outflow but also to squeeze the tax payer.

Just think, if you spend 5L on a trip, you pay 6L. The extra 1L will not earn you interest. 

I currently have the below MFs:

Mirae Emerging Bluechip

Axis Bluechip

PPFC

MO S&P

MO NASDAQ

If I want to replace only Axis from above, in a similar risk/reward/investment thesis MF, what are my options? Axis currently takes about 30% of my monthly investment.

Edited by LordSpymaster

20 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

I currently have the below MFs:

Mirae Emerging Bluechip

Axis Bluechip

PPFC

MO S&P

MO NASDAQ

If I want to replace only Axis from above, in a similar risk/reward/investment thesis MF, what are my options? Axis currently takes about 30% of my monthly investment.

No index? 

On 2/1/2023 at 2:37 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

But that's money remittance. How do they collect tax for spends abroad with DC ? Like you do a swipe for 1L internationally using Fi. How would TCS be charged ?

This is how it worked on my recent trips: TCS collected when loading forex card. If I'm reloading for 1000, total deduction form account/CC: 1050. Amount in forex card: 1000. 

TCS adjusted while filing ITR, or in quarterly advance deposits. 

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

I have Divi's lab, Laurusabs, Aarti ind and it's pharma because of demerger and Jubilant foodworks :|

My overall PF is down 12% :|

Go and check the numbers of all your invested companies, adjust for one-offs (Molnu for Divis, Pax for Laurus), make your estimates, take your discount rate and see if the price makes sense.

Or if you have already done the above and you were bullish on these businesses, I am not sure why you aren't even more bullish now at a lower price.

P.S. Aarti Pharma Lab was quite expensive (still is) when it listed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Go and check the numbers of all your invested companies, adjust for one-offs (Molnu for Divis, Pax for Laurus), make your estimates, take your discount rate and see if the price makes sense.

Or if you have already done the above and you were bullish on these businesses, I am not sure why you aren't even more bullish now at a lower price.

P.S. Aarti Pharma Lab was quite expensive (still is) when it listed.

Pharma to free me de diya industries ne. Knew it was overvalued but can't sell as the price isn't even adjusted :)

I am very hopeful still for Divi's and Laurus to fire. 

12 hours ago, dante77 said:

Pharma to free me de diya industries ne. Knew it was overvalued but can't sell as the price isn't even adjusted :)

I am very hopeful still for Divi's and Laurus to fire. 

Don't hope. Go through annual report, go through last 2-3 concalls, see where the management is taking the business and how long it will take to fructify.

Like according to me, Laurus is going nowhere for atleast 1 more FY on the business end, stock will just keep bouncing from supports & resistances.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Came across a sheet of paper (from 2016) - about mutual fund holdings that I guess my dad randomly invested in and forgot about. 

Across two funds I've not heard of, and he didn't even do it online like we do now so I can't figure out how to access the same. 

All I have is this account statement. If someone is comfortable, can I DM/whatsapp and get some help to recover the same? 

1 hour ago, North said:

Hello. Came across a sheet of paper (from 2016) - about mutual fund holdings that I guess my dad randomly invested in and forgot about. 

Across two funds I've not heard of, and he didn't even do it online like we do now so I can't figure out how to access the same. 

All I have is this account statement. If someone is comfortable, can I DM/whatsapp and get some help to recover the same? 

Are these funds still floating?

If yes, then you should be able to contact the AMC and give your indentification details to get holdings information.

19 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Are these funds still floating?

If yes, then you should be able to contact the AMC and give your indentification details to get holdings information.

Is that the only method? I was hoping I could login somewhere and get current info, or cash out if I see fit - like I do on zerodha or something. 

I can share the picture of the sheet via Discord DMs if that works?