The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I'm new to the index fund/ ETF game. Heard etf's are better for low investments. Which indexes are recommended for ETF? Please guide. Complete noob here.

If you are a complete noob, you should stick to Index funds.

Ex: Nifty 50, Nifty Next 50, Nifty Midcap 100, S&P etc.

ETFs are better because of lower expense ratio but once your corpus becomes large, it becomes difficult to redeem at correct value because of bid/ask spread.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

If you are a complete noob, you should stick to Index funds.

Ex: Nifty 50, Nifty Next 50, Nifty Midcap 100, S&P etc.

ETFs are better because of lower expense ratio but once your corpus becomes large, it becomes difficult to redeem at correct value because of bid/ask spread.

Oh ok. I'll look into this. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

So looks like Govt. is gonna kill the debt/gold/sovereign/conservative/hybrid/target etc funds. Basically every Non-equity mutual fund.

As per the latest amendment, any fund which has less than 35% in domestic equity will axed to STCG. No LTCG.

And for debt funds, STCG is linked to slab rates.

Ek jhatke me category khatam.

Hopefully this is a miscommunication in the amendment. Won't be surprised if it isn't!

Edited by KunjanPSD

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

So looks like Govt. is gonna kill the debt/gold/sovereign/conservative/hybrid/target etc funds. Basically every Non-equity mutual fund.

As per the latest amendment, any fund which has less than 35% in domestic equity will axed to STCG. No LTCG.

And for debt funds, STCG is linked to slab rates.

Ek jhatke me category khatam.

Hopefully this is a miscommunication in the amendment. Won't be surprised if it isn't!

You mean the 20% with indexation is going to be removed? 

33 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Bill passed.

STT increased on trading.

Govt. asks foreign tours payment via CC to be brought under LRS (TCS at 20%).

India se bahar jane nhi dena hai matlab.

Niklo India se.

Wonder how CC payments be affected (outside of tours) ? What constitutes as a foreign tour ? Does paying with your CC for an international destination flight constitutes as one ? International hotel payment ? 

What about simple international payments like Amazon US etc ?

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Wonder how CC payments be affected (outside of tours) ? What constitutes as a foreign tour ? Does paying with your CC for an international destination flight constitutes as one ? International hotel payment ? 

What about simple international payments like Amazon US etc ?

For now CC transactions do not come under LRS, going forward who knows. Govt. is hell bent on reducing any kind of forex outflow.
I think for now they will look for MCC codes specific for tours but direction is explicit, tax every foreign transaction.

1 hour ago, vinodns said:

@KunjanPSD

Eyyyyy bro. Long time no see, remember me?

Are we going to blame the government now? Tsk tsk, "You knew the risks."

Still hate me for calling this brutal bear market. Will hate me more if I say the show has just began?

I am really worried with how slowly and painfully the market slid downwards. I am not surprised though. My DP has remained empty since past 16 months when I saw the beginning of interest rates cycle reversing. I knew that the party was over.

I have given a HUGE part of my life to this stock market. My eyes have sunken constantly staring at terminals for a very very long time.

I know things, you know. I will recognise the patterns very very quickly and move very fast. First mover advantage and all that jazz.

Perhaps be nice to me and who knows I might stay for just a bit longer. If I could call a bear market then maybe I also have the ability to call a bull market? Whenever that happens.

I made Birdy the boot polish guy but it was all in fun and chuckles. I intended no offence. I hope you see it too now.

Until later.....

PS: Don't call me names please. I am not the one holding bags at 30-50% drawdown.

No, I don't remember you.

• Haha 1