The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

23 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

So looks like Govt. is gonna kill the debt/gold/sovereign/conservative/hybrid/target etc funds. Basically every Non-equity mutual fund.

As per the latest amendment, any fund which has less than 35% in domestic equity will axed to STCG. No LTCG.

And for debt funds, STCG is linked to slab rates.

Ek jhatke me category khatam.

Hopefully this is a miscommunication in the amendment. Won't be surprised if it isn't!

Its only for the debt funds bought after 1 April 2023 right? Or before too?

1 hour ago, Rey said:

Its only for the debt funds bought after 1 April 2023 right? Or before too?

It's for every fund with less than 35% exposure to domestic equity, not just debt.

This possibly includes your ETFs as well (they are funds technically) and most likely even if you invest directly via Groww in Invesco Index ETF or Invesco Index fund, they will be impacted as well. Which will bring a double whammy with 20% TCS rules.

This is the reason ceiling for international investments was not being raised.

Will shore up bank deposits quite nicely to buff up their balance sheets and protect against any outflow run.

I still don't think this will make rupee stronger.

And yes, only valid for investments made after 1st April'23.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, vinodns said:

Ooooh. Didn't someone say they deleted the 2fa account and logged out of IVG ? :lol:Hmmmm... And 10 hours later the comment is edited. ;)

Man, it's cool if you wanna be part of the community - just don't be a dick. 

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Ooooh. Didn't someone say they deleted the 2fa account and logged out of IVG ? :lol:Hmmmm... And 10 hours later the comment is edited. ;)

Man, it's cool if you wanna be part of the community - just don't be a dick. 

Is this the same guy who got his knickers in a twist when I asked a mod to match his I.P to an existing account? Lol.

3 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Guys which online platform would you suggest for all kind of investments which is hassle free and does not have hidden charges. Kind of confused with so many out there.

Kite for equity and Kuvera for MF is my go to. But please do your research.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Difference between kuvera and coin? this new regulation fXXXed up my patym money investments , so switch to coin next month.

I haven’t used coin but kuvera has been great - super smooth with sips every month, no ads/notifications and no hassle of demat this might not be a major point for many but I think it’s a bonus. Also, do check regarding the manual intervention required with sip every month on coin it was an issue a few months back I don’t know if they have addressed it.

7 hours ago, SuperT said:

I haven’t used coin but kuvera has been great - super smooth with sips every month, no ads/notifications and no hassle of demat this might not be a major point for many but I think it’s a bonus. Also, do check regarding the manual intervention required with sip every month on coin it was an issue a few months back I don’t know if they have addressed it.

One can setup a debit card mandate and automate SIPs on Coin now.

How does it work on Kuvera?

23 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Which regulation? The manual payment one?

NAh , something something tha and everything got migrated to bsestar from paytm money. 

https://www.paytmmoney.com/blog/important-update-regarding-paytm-moneys-bse-star-integration-for-direct-mutual-fund-scheme-investors/#:~:text=Yes you can.,Account will be completely FREE.  Here read this.