The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

26 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I did add Ingrevia today.

Much better to add on corrections even if it drops further. Atleast that price range will be covered for future and can always add on further dips.

Although I do feel like things will take a turn with Q2, shipping cost is gonna hit the margins for everyone. Even Laurus.

Entered for the 1st time in the stock. 

Been tracking it for a while. After every HH, it corrects to almost 50-61.8% correction on Fib, before making new highs. I checked this for the past few weeks/months. And today, it retraced to 61.8 levels. Hence the reason for entering. 

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Entered for the 1st time in the stock. 

Been tracking it for a while. After every HH, it corrects to almost 50-61.8% correction on Fib, before making new highs. I checked this for the past few weeks/months. And today, it retraced to 61.8 levels. Hence the reason for entering. 

Ditto.

Fibonacci levels work well for me.

Generally Ingrevia will correct to 50-61.8% and take a rest at or near 20EMA.

But this is a long term bet, lot of capex going on on import substitution and even export side.

So this is only to get in a decent entry, I hardly care if the net holding goes into red later on.

Other than that, stocking for few Indian & International IPOs which I intend to buy into for long term.

Edited by KunjanPSD

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Ditto.

Fibonacci levels works well for me.

Generally Ingrevia will correct to 50-61.8% and take a rest at or near 20EMA.

But this is a long term bet, lot of capex going on on import substitution and even export side.

Price is also forming a wedge/squeeze if you draw TLs. At some point in the future, we are looking a massive BO or BD. 

On 9/16/2021 at 12:47 PM, North said:

Any thoughts on the Motilal Oswal Large and Midcap Fund?

Wasn't in the loop but I got an email from MO which had some interesting figures, so cross checked on Zerodha and looks solid. 

any opinions? :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I meant for stocks.

Sitting on cash doesn't always work.

You should keep deploying some capital in all of your holdings monthly. Otherwise the train will come & go and you will keep trying to book the tatkal ticket.

Just imagine what if you had added Tata Elxsi at every dip?

Every stock i see right now looks OV'ed. Also not great at picking stocks so will wait for some more correction but will continue MF Sip.

Aur tata elxsi ka naam mat lo bought first at 1600 and never bought again because i was more bullish on LTTS. Hua ulta tata is up 268% while ltts 70%

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Acetic Acid prices are going up & up.

Kya karan he ? 

10 minutes ago, North said:

You are asking about a fund and there is no correct answer . I like PPFAS for MF's but motilal oswal also has a decent track record. Also il suggest to diversify MF holdings and look for a good small cap fund if you are ok with the underlying risk (If you are below 30)

27 minutes ago, North said:

I don't invest in MFs but all you need to do is to look at their holdings and see which sectors they are targeting. If that hits the check mark for you then take their last 5/3 yr returns, adjust for TER + brokerage and compare it with any Nifty fund.

Just by having a quick glance, holdings seem to be a solid set of current trends and last 1 year returns after adjustment handedly beats out Nifty but the fund was started only a year ago, so I am not sure how long this will continue.

You can start a weighted SIP in this and a nifty index for now. Do it for 6-12 months and then re-evaluate.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Kya karan he ? 

Raw material cost going up mainly because of shipment & container delays. 

GNFC might have a bumper quarter, supposedly they have increased RM costs with 100% cash advance.

Depending on production and captive consumption, will help/affect Ingrevia as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I don't invest in MFs but all you need to do is to look at their holdings and see which sectors they are targeting. If that hits the check mark for you then take their last 5/3 yr returns, adjust for TER + brokerage and compare it with any Nifty fund.

Just by having a quick glance, holdings seem to be a solid set of current trends and last 1 year returns after adjustment handedly beats out Nifty but the fund was started only a year ago, so I am not sure how long this will continue.

You can start a weighted SIP in this and a nifty index for now. Do it for 6-12 months and then re-evaluate.

Yes I did all of those things, and numbers looked solid to me. Wanted to get a second (or third) opinion before I start an SIP, since the fund has been on only for a year. 

I've already been investing in UTI's NIfty and MO's S&P 500 fund for a bit now. Nifty keeps going up and up, but since thats the majority of my allocation - I was thinking of diversifying my fund portfolio a little bit.

12 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

You are asking about a fund and there is no correct answer . I like PPFAS for MF's but motilal oswal also has a decent track record. Also il suggest to diversify MF holdings and look for a good small cap fund if you are ok with the underlying risk (If you are below 30)

Read above ^^

I wanted to start off with something a bit more theoretically reliable, and this seems to be it. If all goes well and I have more to invest in my pocket, I will look into small cap as well.

29 minutes ago, North said:

Yes I did all of those things, and numbers looked solid to me. Wanted to get a second (or third) opinion before I start an SIP, since the fund has been on only for a year. 

I've already been investing in UTI's NIfty and MO's S&P 500 fund for a bit now. Nifty keeps going up and up, but since thats the majority of my allocation - I was thinking of diversifying my fund portfolio a little bit.

Read above ^^

I wanted to start off with something a bit more theoretically reliable, and this seems to be it. If all goes well and I have more to invest in my pocket, I will look into small cap as well.

Large caps are def more reliable but the risk reward ratio is lower, because you are young ate a bit riskier approch (If its financially possible) can be looked into. Also as suggested go trough PPFAS once . 

28 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Large caps are def more reliable but the risk reward ratio is lower, because you are young ate a bit riskier approch (If its financially possible) can be looked into. Also as suggested go trough PPFAS once . 

Yeah no, I agree. I don't have a whole lot to invest - and I'm not going to lose the roof over my head if I take an L.

its just prioritisation - putting money into the more reliable options first, and then the small cap. I guess MO will have a fund for that as well, will check the numbers.

Although this particular fund allocation does list the composition as - 30.37% Large Cap, 24.37% Mid Cap, 20.91% Small Cap, so it does have a bit of everything.

Will check PPFAS, will ask if I need any help :) Thanks!

guys, moi created Exness account for Forex, but am also attracted towards BTC/USD....i was observing from today morning, what perfect price action that chart followed :blush:

so moi question  is, should i use Exness for crpto?

Edited by Pushy

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Evergrande situation is quite interesting.

All eyes on chinese regulators.

Might provide a great chance for long term investment.

I am a firm believer in India's growth story for the time being, so just investing in dips for foreseeable future, not really investing in China right now tbh. Some US stocks through MF. 

BTW, any clue on why Laxmi Organics is hitting LCs ? Couldn't find any negative news etc. Surprising. I didn't enter earlier, but looking to now. 

Edit: It has formed a SS on W charts. That aint good. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I am a firm believer in India's growth story for the time being, so just investing in dips for foreseeable future, not really investing in China right now tbh. Some US stocks through MF. 

BTW, any clue on why Laxmi Organics is hitting LCs ? Couldn't find any negative news etc. Surprising. I didn't enter earlier, but looking to now. 

Edit: It has formed a SS on W charts. That aint good. 

India will outpace every other nation in this decade, that's my view. So majority of my investments will continue to be Indian based (Indian equity + US listed) but Evergrande's scenario if left unregulated by Chinese govt. will cause some 2nd order ripple effects.

The exposure to Chinese real estate market outside China is miniscule and we won't see a global slump but almost every company inside China will feel the brunt. This + the ongoing crackdown will provide a quite golden opportunity in companies like Tencent, Alibaba and TSMC. These companies might be under the crosshairs right now but these are extremely important for China.

Also since China is a net exporter, it might actually help India companies who have been dependent on the Chinese raw materials and have been hit hard because of inflated prices.

If this happens then it will be interesting to see how import substitution plays out.

Couldn't find anything about Laxmi as well but the stock hit 4 UCs and now 2 LCs. Very peculiar. But it has been trading at quite premium valuations. I won't enter this stock without a cushion of safety.