The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Thankfully he left Syngene.

Does anyone know why Hikal is dropping? Can't see any insider selling? 

Anybody with an understanding with Rights issue - can you please explain the Airtel Rights ? 

I know we can buy 1 share for every 14 we hold, but do I have to apply for that 1 share through ASBA ? I can see f**kton of orders in open market for Airtel RE, can I buy any number of shares from the open market too ?

All this info is so convoluted to find. Kfintech's site is a mess to even find how to apply for RE. f**king opaque. 

17 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Anybody with an understanding with Rights issue - can you please explain the Airtel Rights ? 

I know we can buy 1 share for every 14 we hold, but do I have to apply for that 1 share through ASBA ? I can see f**kton of orders in open market for Airtel RE, can I buy any number of shares from the open market too ?

All this info is so convoluted to find. Kfintech's site is a mess to even find how to apply for RE. f**king opaque. 

For every 14 shares you hold, 1 RE will be credited to your DEMAT account.

Must be visible as AIRTEL RE (or similar) in your holdings.

Now either you can use that RE to buy 1 share via ASBA/Kfintech or you can sell this RE directly on the open market.

So basically, you are selling your OPTION i.e. RE to buy 1 share of Airtel to someone else.

Naturally, it only makes sense for a person to buy the RE if [(RE premium + Offered Share Price) < Current Market Price].

The current orders in open market you are seeing, are shareholders selling their REs.

This could be either because the above arbitrage is not really that tempting or they don't want to buy additional shares anyway (RE expire worthless if not exercised).

So depending upon your calculation about how the arbitrage will play out, you can buy as much REs from the open market as you want.

These will be credited to your DEMAT and then you can use them to buy shares at the offer price.

No correlation with how many shares you actually hold once initial REs have been alloted to you. All depends on how many REs you actually own at the end.

Only once I have ever been in a RE situation, M&MFin. At that point I just applied via Kfintech by adding my details, paid the money and after the offer was closed, REs were debited from my DEMAT, a week later additional shares were credited.

That time it really worked out in my favour.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 1

Many of my friends in Bangalore have started using Amazon for ordering food.

The bill generally turns out to be 25-50% cheaper (depending on the restaurant and quantity) as compared to Zomato and Swiggy.

Free delivery for Prime members and 5% cashback using Amz ICICI CC.

Zomato EV/sales : 52 approximately.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:54 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

I had for asian granitos and applied recently. Steps below. 

- Had 44 shares of it. Got alloted 28 RE.

- RE' s are reflected in demat account directly. Seperate from normal share entry. 

- you can sell your RE directly and cash out but you won't get any  stocks even if you apply after selling it. 

- Bought 28 RE from open market. Total re now 56. 

- rights issue opened on Oct 1 till 7. Waited if it showed on zerodha but didn't so booked from linkintime. 

- linkintime only showed 28 re alloted but there is a space below where you can enter the total number (bonus re + open market re). Made payment from the bank and it gets deducted immediately. 

- allotment date is 23 Oct so ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

linkintime only showed 28 re alloted but there is a space below where you can enter the total number (bonus re + open market re). Made payment from the bank and it gets deducted immediately

So you paid for open market re via Kite + bonus re via registrar ? 

Yes. 

This  is from  zerodha FAQ

Q. During the application on R-WAP, I am unable to see the REs I’ve purchased. Why?

The RTA is only showing the eligibility as on record date. They do not have systems in place to reconcile the records of purchased REs in real-time. You can apply for your purchased REs and the RTA will check whether you have the requisite number of REs when they are performing allotment

Tbh buying airtel re doesnt make sense. It's 200+ and for appling you have to still pay 535 more which comes to 735-750 minimum. Airtel is currently trading for 692. 

Asian granitos was 100 base price + 37-40 for RE. the shre price is hovering around 160-170 so you are getting it at a discounted price. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think it's fixed at 133 per re ? That's what I could make out on Kfintech. 

No, 133.75 is just the first tranche of payments.

Remaining 401.25 will need to be paid in 2 tranches over the next 36 months.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Damn indeed. Also IRCTC. 

I don't understand.

Nazara might be new-age, potentially extreme growth business but it just guzzles cash. I was waiting for it to reach 1000-1200 levels and now it insanely high.

I mean, has the norm changed to modeling FY40 earnings now?

And IRCTC has moved like they will drive the electric train revolution.

Absolutely bonkers.

I will happily stick with my API stocks.

What is the best instrument to invest in for short term goals?

Like I want to start putting away some money monthly for each of the trips I have planned next year or maybe some expense I am expecting.

This is apart from what I invest monthly.

Putting in stocks and MFs won't work for me because once I invest in them there is very little chance that I'll sell them.

Short term FD/RDs are an option but looking for something better. Looking for 6-12Ms horizon.