The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

9 hours ago, dante77 said:
10 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:
IRCTC shareholders won't even be able to sell their shares because they aren't even credited in DEMAT yet, post split.
So basically only 20% of the holdings are in hand, ouch.

The news was pre planned I think. It can't be a co incident that news came just after the split happened.

100% . Government acted like an operator here. Anyways a good lesson for people not to give such hefty PE to PSU's.

Sold entire of subex lot and got tatachem, biocon and wipro in the same money.

51 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

RIP Irctc. Glad I sold it off for 100 rs loss. The burning train indeed.

Dude you did not sell it for a loss considering the current train wreck. Also they can just increase charges and earings will be fine but the sentiments are now down the drain.

44 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yaar Laurus me GTT 3rs se reh gya

Bought seqeunt on my Dad's account. Sara paisa usme dal diya galti se toh laurus reh gaya XD

17 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Irctc back to 900 again from 640. Kya chal raha hai bhai. 

Expected. All panic sell. Even with the revenue loss, irctc was a monopoly with a huge potential. Don't know why the sudden urge to sell. Fundamentals were still intact. 

I'm holding for long. No plans to sell. 

Ye sab bc telegram, whatsapp, twitter sell tha. 

41 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Expected. All panic sell. Even with the revenue loss, irctc was a monopoly with a huge potential. Don't know why the sudden urge to sell. Fundamentals were still intact. 

I'm holding for long. No plans to sell. 

Ye sab bc telegram, whatsapp, twitter sell tha. 

It's not just about fundamentals or whether the ticketing revenue made any impact or not.

It's about the integrity of the owners, if they can pull off this move right after the split then who is to say that they won't just come up with another bill saying that catering revenue needs to be shared as well?

Goodwill is an intangible asset which makes a part of the market cap. Decisions which don't care about the minority shareholders are bound to impact it.

I am not against PSUs, I have invested in a couple as well but I won't feel comfortable with such abuse of power.

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Dude you did not sell it for a loss considering the current train wreck.

I see what you did there.

Applied for Nykaa's IPO and have set funds aside for Policy Bazaar's ipo. Let's see if this time lucky with the allotment.

39 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

As i said not big impact on revnues but more on the sentiments.

20 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

It's not just about fundamentals or whether the ticketing revenue made any impact or not.

It's about the integrity of the owners, if they can pull off this move right after the split then who is to say that they won't just come up with another bill saying that catering revenue needs to be shared as well?

Goodwill is an intangible asset which makes a part of the market cap. Decisions which don't care about the minority shareholders are bound to impact it.

I am not against PSUs, I have invested in a couple as well but I won't feel comfortable with such abuse of power.

Give it a couple of months. All will be forgotten. Not saying it's right or wrong, but no stock is "ideal".