Jump to content

The Stock Market thread


KnackChap

Recommended Posts

All hype and hoopla! Even average IPO like Sapphire gonna perform well these days.

Although, I think it has potential in future though. It's kind of a unique market. They just need to give a bit of extra discount on their products. Their biggest strength is their variety of beauty products, something us men won't understand. Sadly, that is the only positive they have as far as I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Legit Q - what's so great about Nykaa ? I haven't seen their RHP, but I'm also not aware of many people who shop from them. 

Almost Monopoly in beauty sector. Wife is regular customer, so is my sister. Share is at 2088 now. It is a good long term investment too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Almost Monopoly in beauty sector. Wife is regular customer, so is my sister. Share is at 2088 now. It is a good long term investment too. 

I think you are underestimating what long term means here.

A lot has been said about Nykaa's business and prospects but most of the sensible content you'll find, modelled it for 10x P/S.

IPO was set at 22x.

 

It is now 45x.

 

Institutions will play these IPOs for now, just like Zomato. I can bet that in next 2 years, you'll see these stocks at atleast 50% discount from current price.

Even Amazon and Google have declined 50% multiple times since their IPO days, Nykaa & Paytm toh door ki baat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I think you are underestimating what long term means here.

A lot has been said about Nykaa's business and prospects but most of the sensible content you'll find, modelled it for 10x P/S.

IPO was set at 22x.

 

It is now 45x.

 

Institutions will play these IPOs for now, just like Zomato. I can bet that in next 2 years, you'll see these stocks at atleast 50% discount from current price.

Even Amazon and Google have declined 50% multiple times since their IPO days, Nykaa & Paytm toh door ki baat.

Add to that, the monopoly is not going to remain for long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I think you are underestimating what long term means here.

A lot has been said about Nykaa's business and prospects but most of the sensible content you'll find, modelled it for 10x P/S.

IPO was set at 22x.

 

It is now 45x.

 

Institutions will play these IPOs for now, just like Zomato. I can bet that in next 2 years, you'll see these stocks at atleast 50% discount from current price.

Even Amazon and Google have declined 50% multiple times since their IPO days, Nykaa & Paytm toh door ki baat.

I have setup gtt at 1800 anyways. So let's see how long it lasts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Add to that, the monopoly is not going to remain for long. 

Nykaa does have something special with their influencer network.

At 10x P/S, I would have been comfortable with the oncoming competition, at current price, I might as well buy cosmetics from their website because those will retain their value better over the next 2 years.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ZOMATO: 
Q2 CONS NET LOSS 4.3B RUPEES VS LOSS 2.3B (YOY) LOSS 3.56B (QOQ) 

Q2 REVENUE 10.2B RUPEES VS 4.26B (YOY); 8.44B (QOQ)

 

The management says that the losses went up because of:

1) Increased spending on marketing

2) Investments in emerging areas

3) Increase in delivery rates due unforeseen weather conditions (?)

 

Basically, they purposefully toned down their spending before the IPO to mute the losses.

And now things are getting back to normal.

Such a textbook IPO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...