2. Kotak small cap fund direct- growth. 2000

3. Quant small cap fund direct plan- growth. 2000

4. Axis bluechip fund direct plan- growth. 1500

5.  aditya birla sun life flexi cap fund direct- growth.750

6.aditya birla sun life frontline equity fund direct- growth.750 

7. aditya birla sun life corporate bond fund direct- growth. 500 

:P

On 12/8/2021 at 11:00 PM, LordSpymaster said:

Over 12+ months of investing in MFS, these are my returns. Should be useful for those on the fence on investing in them. Except Mirae, the others are lumpsums that I invest as SIPs ie I manually invest the amount each month instead of the auto debit.

• Mirae: XIRR of 32.6% | Absolute of 14.2%
  • Parag Parikh Flexicap: 41.2 | 16.1
  • Axis Bluechip: 28.2 | 14.8

Woild recommend these if anyone is looking to enter MFs

I am using smallcase for my SIP's. I just started this year in April, Can you guys suggest me which website/app are you guys using for these SIP's ? As I really want to diversify my portfolio & Invest in different sectors just to avoid overlapping (Which is happening currently in Smallcase).

26 minutes ago, TAZ said:

I am using smallcase for my SIP's. I just started this year in April, Can you guys suggest me which website/app are you guys using for these SIP's ? As I really want to diversify my portfolio & Invest in different sectors just to avoid overlapping (Which is happening currently in Smallcase).

Every AMC has its own website so you can apply directly from it.

I just prefer to use Coin by Zerodha as it gives me a consolidated view of all of my holdings and their 2.0 beta looks really good.

Zerodha uses DEMAT for storing your investment, so in case you want to ever change your investment portal then you'll have to redeem and reinvest.

This isn't a problem for me personally, I don't see a need of changing my broker and Zerodha has been the most trustworthy broker for me anyway.

And there are some good smallcases out there, you just gotta do your research but I am not sure if they will necessarily beat out other funds.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Every AMC has its own website so you can apply directly from it.

I just prefer to use Coin by Zerodha as it gives me a consolidated view of all of my holdings and their 2.0 beta looks really good.

Zerodha uses DEMAT for storing your investment, so in case you want to ever change your investment portal then you'll have to redeem and reinvest.

This isn't a problem for me personally, I don't see a need of changing my broker and Zerodha has been the most trustworthy broker for me anyway.

And there are some good smallcases out there, you just gotta do your research but I am not sure if they will necessarily beat out other funds.

Okay I will Coin a try, As I also use Zerodha. 

2 hours ago, TAZ said:

I use Kuvera since don't have a Zerodha account and I anyways don't prefer keeping my MFs in a demat form

5 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

I use Kuvera since don't have a Zerodha account and I anyways don't prefer keeping my MFs in a demat form

Never understood the disadvantage of keeping MFs in a demat form.

It's not like fees are any different.

Just as a safety measure?

14 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Never understood the disadvantage of keeping MFs in a demat form.

It's not like fees are any different.

Just as a safety measure?

Aren't demat charges extra ? Also, I think one fear people have is that in demat it is a headache to get your mutual funds whereas in something like Kuvera it is direct with AMC. I dont see it as a issue but I am just stating why people avoid demat. 

13 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Aren't demat charges extra ? Also, I think one fear people have is that in demat it is a headache to get your mutual funds whereas in something like Kuvera it is direct with AMC. I dont see it as a issue but I am just stating why people avoid demat. 

No DP (demat) charges on Coin.

I don't know what's the headache part but maybe I am missing something.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

No DP (demat) charges on Coin.

I don't know what's the headache part but maybe I am missing something.

In an event when you have to withdraw/transfer your funds then it is a headache when Demat is involved. Say Zeroadha shuts down tomorrow it will be a big hassle for you compared to Kuvera where it is direct with the AMC. Also, say tomorrow you want to stop using Kuvera and want to try using Groww/paytm you can do that easily and transfer your funds...however you cant do the same if you are locked in with coin demat. This is best to my knowledge I might be wrong. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SuperT said:

In an event when you have to withdraw/transfer your funds then it is a headache when Demat is involved. Say Zeroadha shuts down tomorrow it will be a big hassle for you compared to Kuvera where it is direct with the AMC. Also, say tomorrow you want to stop using Kuvera and want to try using Groww/paytm you can do that easily and transfer your funds...however you cant do the same if you are locked in with coin demat. This is best to my knowledge I might be wrong. 

More or less this is my reason too. I don't see any logic to being tied down to 1 platform, it's like putting all eggs in 1 basket.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

I use Coin to invest in mutual funds as I already use Zerodha to buy stocks. Also with coin, one advantage is you can easily cancel and modify sip as each sip is actually a separate lumpsum payment.

I use Groww and it also allows you to modify SIP.

I just filed ITR3 as traded in F&O. 

It is the most convoluted sh*t to fill. And most ITR filing companies are a hit or a miss. 

Cleartax does not import F&O data automatically now (it used to do before the new portal went live). You have to manually fill your F&O P&L through every inch of ITR3 form. Asinine !

Tried Quicko, and they don't import MF STCG and LTCG statements from CAMS (while Cleartax does). 

Self tax filing is a hot piece of trash right now. Took me hours to figure out on exact areas to be filled for F&O, and I am pretty sure I have f**ked it up. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It is the most convoluted sh*t to fill. And most ITR filing companies are a hit or a miss. 

Cleartax does not import F&O data automatically now (it used to do before the new portal went live). You have to manually fill your F&O P&L through every inch of ITR3 form. Asinine !

Tried Quicko, and they don't import MF STCG and LTCG statements from CAMS (while Cleartax does). 

Self tax filing is a hot piece of trash right now. Took me hours to figure out on exact areas to be filled for F&O, and I am pretty sure I have f**ked it up. 

You do not have an CA? 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

No. Never needed till now. My income sources are pretty straightforward. Guess will need one from this year onwards, thanks to f**king ITR3. 

Not really. If the proposed system actually works correctly then your assessment should automatically include all gains/losses via investment & trading from the next assessment year.

You are filling for FY 2020-21, right?

34 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Not really. If the proposed system actually works correctly then your assessment should automatically include all gains/losses via investment & trading from the next assessment year.

You are filling for FY 2020-21, right?

Yes. FY 20-21. 

Hope it works better next year. 

42 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Hmm clear tax worked well enough for me although does need manual entry for stonks. 

CT somehow f**ked my tax filing. It refused picking up salary details from Form 16. I tried like 5 times, and it was stuck at the same error. Had to do manual entry for Form 16, and F&O stuff. 

Even I have a very straightforward tax with my Form-16 given from company but I still just ask a CA (One of brother's CA) to do it for me. It's a hassle to do on my own, I don't even wanna open their website. He takes 2k per ITR, it was actually 1k till last year. I find it worth spending 2k somehow. It is only once a year.