The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

6 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

He did a wonderful job. 

How is anger justified though , he should know at this level 100% allotment is not fixed.

In HNI, allotment is not done via lottery.

If the IPO is subbed 100x in HNI category then that means you need to apply for 100 lots to get a guaranteed 1 lot.

That's why you see HNI bids in the low single digits till the 12PM of the 3rd day. Because all of them are trying to wait and see what's the demand going to be to put in the funds.

Plus, most HNIs use funding via some NBFC and want to borrow the funds for minimum duration.

Doesn't matter whether the audio is real or not, the anger would have been justified (just anger) if your RM handling your bids failed to correctly guess the demand and hence lost out on allotment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Yes. Exactly why this should be a good day. See the market, total decline mode. NAV gonna go down today by even bigger number than yesterday. Order and get same day NAV!

Not really much dip in smallcap/midcap/next 50.

Pretty much contained to Nifty 50 for now.

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Must be for demat modes only?

because I always get allotment one or two days later via paytm money

No. Allotment is done after 2-3 days only even in demat mode.

But you get the NAV of the day the order was placed. Should be the case for you too.

If done before cutoff time.

• Thanks 1

Can someone guide me to few online resources that explain ABC’s of investing especially in MF properly?

Until now my investments are being done through an agent but i would like to now invest by myself. It has been a long long time since I have done any proper investments by myself and would like to just research and reorient myself before starting again. 

3 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Can someone guide me to few online resources that explain ABC’s of investing especially in MF properly?

Until now my investments are being done through an agent but i would like to now invest by myself. It has been a long long time since I have done any proper investments by myself and would like to just research and reorient myself before starting again. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/indiainvestments/about/

• Like 1

Next couple of months, I am gonna focus on US stocks.

High growth names have started to correct and expecting 15-20% at the least by the time Fed is up sucking the liquidity out.

If you want to stay away from direct equity, focus your funds towards Nasdaq, S&P.

8 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Any good names in your radar?

Tesla was doing very good during the last week I think 

High growth companies where I am expecting upto 30% correction:

Rocket Lab

Planet Labs

Coupang

Upstart

Taskus

15-20% correction:

Meta

Roblox

10-15% correction:

Google

Amazon

Conditional: Interested in Tesla, would prefer decent correction but want to see future numbers.

• Thanks 1