The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Phonepe stole market share from them in regard to upi , and tommorow someone with huge pockets can do the same. thats why im skeptical about paytm. It has nothing special  . 

100% of all my customer payments are from Gpay or direct bank transfers. none of it are from phone pe or paytm . Im still surprise that phone is leader in the upi space.

I haven't used PhonePe more than a few times so far. But I would guess in Delhi NCR, Paytm or Gpay reign supreme. Paytm has a very wide acceptability. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

100% of all my customer payments are from Gpay or direct bank transfers. none of it are from phone pe or paytm . Im still surprise that phone is leader in the upi space.

The reason why PhonePe has the highest market share in UPI space is due to their marketing team. 

They have sales representatives even in the smallest of villages. That's why every shopkeeper in my village has PhonePe QR code in their shops.

1 minute ago, TheGothamChampion said:

The reason why PhonePe has the highest market share in UPI space is due to their marketing team. 

They have sales representatives even in the smallest of villages. That's why every shopkeeper in my village has PhonePe QR code in their shops.

Plus PhonePe doesn't require an active DC for making an UPI ID while Google Pay does.

Just imagine the number of people from rural and small households who have never even transacted in any thing other than cash.

Much easier to transition to UPI as compared to DC and then UPI.

The availability to all the vendors is the biggest MOAT here. They literally go shops to shops selling their stuff. They also have a good food wallet which is better than sodexo and a lot of companies moved from sodexo to paytm food wallet. My company gives food wallet too. Also, they stopped charging vendors transfer to bank fee from their wallet. 

And how can we forget "Paytm par.... 75 rupaye prapt hue..."  :p 

Still a weak stock for now IMO. 

Now a days, especially in shops, I find myself using Phone pe more than GPay. 

GPay speed is pathetic now a days. From opening app to scanning QR code and confirming payment. May be its the "web" like UI or something else, not sure.

Also failure rate is higher for me on Gpay than Phone pe. (even though bank account underlying is the same).

2 hours ago, dante77 said:

The availability to all the vendors is the biggest MOAT here. They literally go shops to shops selling their stuff. They also have a good food wallet which is better than sodexo and a lot of companies moved from sodexo to paytm food wallet. My company gives food wallet too. Also, they stopped charging vendors transfer to bank fee from their wallet. 

And how can we forget "Paytm par.... 75 rupaye prapt hue..."  :p 

Still a weak stock for now IMO. 

Food wallet cannot be a huge stream if income. And yes only a limited number of shops have paytm solely because of those soundboxes. But again, unprofitable venture. Phonepe came after them and did a much better job.

2 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Now a days, especially in shops, I find myself using Phone pe more than GPay. 

GPay speed is pathetic now a days. From opening app to scanning QR code and confirming payment. May be its the "web" like UI or something else, not sure.

Also failure rate is higher for me on Gpay than Phone pe. (even though bank account underlying is the same).

Yeah. Gpay qr code scanner is horribly slow.

What's up with phone pe thing? Here in Lucknow, phone pe can only be seen in some qr code. When it comes to popularity, hardly any small time vendor knows about it. Even if they have phonePe's QR (All in one UPI but PhonePe's ad is there) they just call it "Paytm"! Like how people call soft drinks either cola or Pepsi. 

Anyway, back in topic. Market is again positive today. I am the kind of guy who is sad when market is up and sad when it is low :(

Need a check up from my doctor, lol

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Banking and Micro-finance is the end game for every payment app or most new age brokers.

People are discounting Paytm.

The reach they have and probably, the first mover among the payment apps to venture into loans. Tides might soon turn.

Already a household name and then the ease of credit. This will be the biggest winner for Paytm.

14 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Banking and Micro-finance is the end game for every payment app or most new age brokers.

People are discounting Paytm.

The reach they have and probably, the first mover among the payment apps to venture into loans. Tides might soon turn.

Already a household name and then the ease of credit. This will be the biggest winner for Paytm.

Does this also mean its a threat to traditional bankers?