Jump to content

The Stock Market thread


KnackChap

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

How does cutoff timings work for International mutual funds like Kotak Nasdaq 100?

Like if I place an order on Coin, 13th June before 1:30PM, the US markets are closed.

So will it wait for US markets to open and close later the same day and then assign me the NAV? Or will it just give me NAV of the last trading day which in this example will be 10th June?

Received a mail that value date is same as the order date, so I guess it waits for US market to close first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 orders have not triggered for past 3 months(Coin Zerodha), Any one has any clue as to why they did not trigger ? (I had funds in my Demat all the time)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, TAZ said:

Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 orders have not triggered for past 3 months(Coin Zerodha), Any one has any clue as to why they did not trigger ? (I had funds in my Demat all the time)

Because investment in international mutual funds have been paused by RBI because the sector came close to the umbrella limit of $7B.

In addition to this, there is a $1B limit for any one fundhouse and Motilal hit that limit. They can't do anything until RBI increases the limit. And they have been lazy with it.

This is for funds which invest directly or into their own ETFs which track the US markets.

Same reason why PPFAS is not able to invest more in their US stocks.

 

For funds which invest in ETFs which trade directly in US markets, the umbrella limit is $1B and $300M limit for any one fund house. That's why you can still invest in funds like Kotak Nasdaq 100.

Now these ETF funds have some premium over the actual NAV but that's the best you got. Otherwise you can directly buy Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 ETF from open market.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Because investment in international mutual funds have been paused by RBI because the sector came close to the umbrella limit of $7B.

In addition to this, there is a $1B limit for any one fundhouse and Motilal hit that limit. They can't do anything until RBI increases the limit. And they have been lazy with it.

This is for funds which invest directly or into their own ETFs which track the US markets.

Same reason why PPFAS is not able to invest more in their US stocks.

 

For funds which invest in ETFs which trade directly in US markets, the umbrella limit is $1B and $300M limit for any one fund house. That's why you can still invest in funds like Kotak Nasdaq 100.

Now these ETF funds have some premium over the actual NAV but that's the best you got. Otherwise you can directly buy Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 ETF from open market.

 

 

 

Got it..!!! Thanks for the info..!!! I am investing into stocks in this DIP. Not really looking for any additions to the SIPs so would let it be like this only for a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TAZ said:

 

 

Got it..!!! Thanks for the info..!!! I am investing into stocks in this DIP. Not really looking for any additions to the SIPs so would let it be like this only for a while. 

Are you investing directly in the US?

I would say just start investing via Kotak's fund if you want the index.

The expense ratio is higher than Motilal's and there is a premium but it's the only option we got and taxation is very much favourable if you invest via Indian mutual funds as compared to direct US listed ETFs or stocks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Are you investing directly in the US?

I would say just start investing via Kotak's fund if you want the index.

The expense ratio is higher than Motilal's and there is a premium but it's the only option we got and taxation is very much favourable if you invest via Indian mutual funds as compared to direct US listed ETFs or stocks.

 

Thanks.. will have a look at it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2022 at 3:25 PM, dante77 said:

Blood.... Blood.... Everywhere! 

The Fall, was beautiful!

1500 CE n 15500 PE, booked profits both the sides <3 

Edited by Pushy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An SIP in Nasdaq 100 will probably turn out to be the best and simplest investment 12-18 months down the line.

Working to put 8-10% allocation here. 

With CPI at 9.1% (definitely suppressed as single largest component of Shelter is not represented properly), will be able to accumulate at lower and lower values.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

An SIP in Nasdaq 100 will probably turn out to be the best and simplest investment 12-18 months down the line.

Working to put 8-10% allocation here. 

With CPI at 9.1% (definitely suppressed as single largest component of Shelter is not represented properly), will be able to accumulate at lower and lower values.

Bhai wo jo US stocks me direct NSE se invest karne wala jugaad tha. Uska kya hua? 

 

How do you invest in US stocks? IndMoney? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Bhai wo jo US stocks me direct NSE se invest karne wala jugaad tha. Uska kya hua? 

 

How do you invest in US stocks? IndMoney? 

That jugaad wasn't operational. It was a proposal by NSE and BSE via Gift City and only last week has started operations. Will take time to reach regular brokers.

 

I personally have only 3-4% in direct US stocks, via Groww. The rest of the 10% position I am building is in Nasdaq 100.

Used to add in Motilal Oswal Nasdaq fund but since it is not accepting orders, adding in Kotak's.

Taxation is much more favourable if you buy India based funds of Nasdaq. Premium between these funds and true NAV has almost turned negligible so no harm either way.

 

NAVI has lower TER but their fund size doesn't inspire confidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zerodha Coin is not accepting funds which are lying in the zerodha dmat account, Now its only showing UPI payment option. But my bank doesn't support UPI payments, What options do I have ? :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...