PS4 - Disc not recognised by the Ps4 ( Pls Read )

_Krypton_

Some details . 

Have only bought digital games for the last 2 - 2.5 years . Launch Ps4 . Only played 4 disc based games on it before i went all digital .

Two months ago i gave it for servicing at a local store to clean off the dust etc coz it was heating up the console  . They did their job & i came back home . 

Ps4 was silent than ever & never heat up again . Cut to today where i thought of clearing sm backlog . Popped in my God of war disc , din’t work ... Same with Detroit .. Same with Last Of us 2 . Getting the msg “ UNRECOGNISED DISC “ .. & yes , the discs are scratchless ...

Could someone pls point me in the right direction here ? Not sure , at what potential damage am I looking at here .

Neither do i know a fix for it / estimated repair cost . Is this a normal issue on the Ps4 ? 

If anyone here has faced a similar issue , kindly post here. 

On 12/25/2020 at 12:38 AM, _Krypton_ said:

Some details . 

Have only bought digital games for the last 2 - 2.5 years . Launch Ps4 . Only played 4 disc based games on it before i went all digital .

Two months ago i gave it for servicing at a local store to clean off the dust etc coz it was heating up the console  . They did their job & i came back home . 

Ps4 was silent than ever & never heat up again . Cut to today where i thought of clearing sm backlog . Popped in my God of war disc , din’t work ... Same with Detroit .. Same with Last Of us 2 . Getting the msg “ UNRECOGNISED DISC “ .. & yes , the discs are scratchless ...

Could someone pls point me in the right direction here ? Not sure , at what potential damage am I looking at here .

Neither do i know a fix for it / estimated repair cost . Is this a normal issue on the Ps4 ? 

If anyone here has faced a similar issue , kindly post here. 

I am in the same boat as you, maybe over the years dust got in and now causes the BD drive to not detect discs properly.

However I have never given my console for repairs or whatever, so it could be someone swapped your console's bd drive with a faulty one.

• 5 months later...