The Pet Pics Thread

ayush12ice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, chops10 said:

Pados wali aunties looking for gossip :P

Looks like they're close buds now, how did the intro go?

& hello fellow Goenkar :cheers:

Hey goenkar :wave:

Lol yeah they look like pals but there's a ways to go. Introduced them through a screen door. Silver was pretty hostile, did a few fake charges etc. Continued to introduce the same way for 3-4. Then introduced without the screen in between. As expected she ran at him and gave him a few quick slaps. 

The next 2-3 days is why we decided to name him Frodo. She would climb to the highest point in the house to observe him with her one eye, like the eye of Sauron, hence he became Frodo :)

Off and on she still swipes at him, and he hisses at her as well, but overall they need more time. She's the older cat, been with us for a year so she wants to establish her place in the hierarchy. She will quietly go up to him when he's asleep and groom him. But when he's awake they kind of stay out of each others way most of the time. 

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm so torn right now. The last few days I've noticed a new 6-7 month old doggie, in the colony. Super friendly and she's probably been abandoned by someone. This one is so damn sweet. Always jumping up and running to me when I exit the gate. I have not said one word to her or even petted her and she still comes to me. Sits on my Activa when I'm ready to leave and I have to hunt her away.

The ground floor neighbor was telling me every night she sits and howls. Probably depressed and missing her family. The folk in the building I live in don't like dogs, and actively hunt them away. This little thing is definitely not used to the outside and immediately runs into the staircase if the gate is left ajar. 

Today broke my heart a little. It's been pouring all day and someone hunted her outside in the rain. I left the house to walk to the store. The poor thing followed me all the way to the store in the rain. I tried shooing her away (all the while feeling terrible about it) but she stayed and followed me all the way back, sticking to me under my umbrella.

I want to bring her home, and hug her and tell her it's going to be ok. But I'm so I'll equipped to take in a dog. Lack of space being the main problem. Maybe just for a while?

???

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

I'm so torn right now. The last few days I've noticed a new 6-7 month old doggie, in the colony. Super friendly and she's probably been abandoned by someone. This one is so damn sweet. Always jumping up and running to me when I exit the gate. I have not said one word to her or even petted her and she still comes to me. Sits on my Activa when I'm ready to leave and I have to hunt her away.

The ground floor neighbor was telling me every night she sits and howls. Probably depressed and missing her family. The folk in the building I live in don't like dogs, and actively hunt them away. This little thing is definitely not used to the outside and immediately runs into the staircase if the gate is left ajar. 

Today broke my heart a little. It's been pouring all day and someone hunted her outside in the rain. I left the house to walk to the store. The poor thing followed me all the way to the store in the rain. I tried shooing her away (all the while feeling terrible about it) but she stayed and followed me all the way back, sticking to me under my umbrella.

I want to bring her home, and hug her and tell her it's going to be ok. But I'm so I'll equipped to take in a dog. Lack of space being the main problem. Maybe just for a while?

???

It won't be just for a while and you know that.

Not an easy situation, you can try to find a shelter for her later but you have to be prepared to fully take her in if you are not able to.

By any chance you can determine the breed if she is not a mix? Can get better idea about the space requirements then but I understand that with the cats already, it won't be easy.

Edited by KunjanPSD

Nah she's a regular pariah. Wifey had already put out the feelers to the shelters and groups on FB but no luck. Just spoke with some of the rescuers we know and all came back with the same answer that adoptions have slowed down. Sigh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently got a Betta fish from my local fish store. Unfortunately, the Betta was being kept in a very small glass bowl in the shop and when I neared the bowl it actively swam towards me and almost begged me to put him in a bigger tank!

I hadn't kept a Betta fish in ages so it was the perfect opportunity for me to get one! Thus, I got him and gave him a new home in a spare 5 Gallon cube I had. Put in a small clay pot and a big rock for him to hide in and chill on. Added a small internal power filter. As it's early summer now don't really need a heater because normal room temperature is 28C to 32C and will go higher in the coming months as summer fully sets in.

Here are a few photos of my Betta:

IMG-20240402-091410.jpg

IMG-20240402-091430.jpg

IMG-20240402-091505.jpg

IMG-20240402-093411.jpg

(White spots appearing in the photos above are NOT on the fish but on the glass of the aquarium. Mobile phone picks up everything, LoL!)

A small video:

He is a Double Tail Halfmoon Betta. One active guy!

Cheers :D

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 6