Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

IVG Podcast 65 - The best and worst of 2020

IVG Podcast 65 - The best and worst of 2020

In our last episode of the year, we round off an eventful year in gaming with some of the most memorable games and gaming moments. From our favourite games to the bitter disappointments, this one is all about looking back through a year unlike any other.

halo-infinite-003.jpg

The one that got away (from 2020)

We decided to break up our look back on 2020 into a few categories, including:

• Overall games of the year
  • Best surprises
  • Biggest disappointments
  • Best new IP
  • Best remasters/remakes
  • Best music/OST
  • Games that shouldn’t have existed
  • Games we’re looking forward to the most in 2021

This has been a difficult year for everyone, but gaming came to us as much needed respite, and it also encouraged us to bring the IVG Podcast back and consistently.

We hope you’ve enjoyed listening to the IVG Podcast this year. We’ve had an absolute blast bringing them to you and look forward to continuing to do so in 2021.

You can listen to and subscribe to the IVG Podcast on your preferred podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts. All supported platforms, web streaming and past episodes can be found on our Anchor page.

As always, we'd appreciate your thoughts and feedback on the podcast, as well as suggestions for future episodes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy new year everyone.

I will also share my picks for above categories-

Overall games of the year - Ghost of Tsushima.

Honorable mentions- Last of us 2, Immortal fenix rising, AC Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion. 

Best surprises - Immortal fenix rising 

Biggest disappointments - Availability of nextgen consoles. 

Best new IP - Ghost of Tsushima 

Best remasters/remakes - Saints row3 remastered. 

Best music/OST -AC Valhalla. 

Games that shouldn’t have existed - Tell me why.

Games iam looking forward to the most in 2021 - God of War Ragnarok, Starfield and Horizon forbidden west.

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

Nice podcast.

Good to see Genshin shoutout. Really awesome game and everything is free along with additional content. As for co-op, yes, you unlock is later. miHoYo didn't expect the game to blow up so fast. Glad it did. 

Agree with Avengers. With so much hype around the IP, everyone asking for Avengers game, long development and in end we got super mediocre game.

WWE games suck so much now. They changed the engine and developer too. Those old WWE games were so much fun. 😔

Fall Guys was nice surprise. For a BR game, this was super chill and fast (sometimes faster than loading). Bit slow on content side, so population dipped a lot. Still very fun to jump in time to time. The design is just so adorable. 

Looking forward to Outriders and Riders too. Not high hopes but hopefully fun enough to play. I remember Steep and that game had no soul after 2 hours. Such a shame. 

Happy new year. Have a good one. 

• Like 1

Sam

Halo infinite is confirmed for base Xbox one already by 343. Game development started before One X was announced. Its design around limitations of base Xbox one. It will be upscaled for SX and PC, so it will not have Cyberpunk like issues. Cyberpunk was designed around high end PCs then scaled down for base machines and base machines couldn't handle it.

Edited by WhiteWolf

Honestly I don’t mind if they release it only for XSX, XSS and PC. I’m not a Halo fan and won’t play it anyway, but I want them to drop this compulsory Xbox One rule by the time FH5 and other promising first party games come around.

And the bigger issue is MS advertising something and not delivering on it. Clearly this cross gen approach isn’t going to work, so rather just stop now.

Or they make a completely different version of the game for Xbox One. They did this for FH2, which launched on 360 without Drivatars and other Xbox One power of the cloud features.

Nice podcast.

Good to see Genshin shoutout. Really awesome game and everything is free along with additional content. As for co-op, yes, you unlock is later. miHoYo didn't expect the game to blow up so fast. Glad it did. 

Agree with Avengers. With so much hype around the IP, everyone asking for Avengers game, long development and in end we got super mediocre game.

WWE games suck so much now. They changed the engine and developer too. Those old WWE games were so much fun. 

Fall Guys was nice surprise. For a BR game, this was super chill and fast (sometimes faster than loading). Bit slow on content side, so population dipped a lot. Still very fun to jump in time to time. The design is just so adorable. 

Looking forward to Outriders and Riders too. Not high hopes but hopefully fun enough to play. I remember Steep and that game had no soul after 2 hours. Such a shame. 

Happy new year. Have a good one. 

Yeah Steep had a lot of potential. It could have been SSX for this generation and clearly a lot of work went into it. It was just completely devoid of fun.