The Home Appliances Thread - Poore ghar ke badal daalo

Shantz

On 2/15/2021 at 1:18 PM, kunjanp said:

Looking for LED battens to replace existing tubelights at home. Should be able to switch between warm/cold tones and controllable via app (is this via wifi/bt?). Alex and GA integration doesn't matter for me. But should be bright.

Any suggestions? Which are the best ones?

Anyone?

16 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Anyone?

You could get it in warm/ cold tones but if you want one that supports both, your options will be limited. 

Most of them are controlled by wifi. Wipro has some custoizable as well as some RBG ones, but almost all of the battens on Amazon had 3-3.5 stars reviews

On 2/15/2021 at 1:18 PM, kunjanp said:

Looking for LED battens to replace existing tubelights at home. Should be able to switch between warm/cold tones and controllable via app (is this via wifi/bt?). Alex and GA integration doesn't matter for me. But should be bright.

Any suggestions? Which are the best ones?

I use a bunch of those Wipro smart battens at home (connected via WiFi). No issues at all and I'd recommend them.

They're plenty bright for my use, but just remember that they're rated 20W.

On 2/13/2021 at 11:48 PM, hope said:

But its quite strange. I have read it detoriates the life of ups. I opted for a replacement. Lets see if i get it again :P

Thats the main issue with that model. Return it and get APC BVX1200LI-IN UPS

On 13/02/2021 at 11:48 PM, hope said:

But its quite strange. I have read it detoriates the life of ups. I opted for a replacement. Lets see if i get it again :P

I bought an 1100 va apc from FK, got it yesterday and now waiting for return pickup. They sent me a refurbished ups ( packaging was damaged, thermocols were torn, UPS body had severe scratches). <_<

Will have to buy locally now but prices seem to have increased. Bought it for 5500 last year from Nehru place, now local retailer is asking for 6200<_<

44 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I bought an 1100 va apc from FK, got it yesterday and now waiting for return pickup. They sent me a refurbished ups ( packaging was damaged, thermocols were torn, UPS body had severe scratches). <_<

Will have to buy locally now but prices seem to have increased. Bought it for 5500 last year from Nehru place, now local retailer is asking for 6200<_<

These things should be bought offline, man. Too many complaints on online platforms. 

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Yeah, was getting a good price plus seller was Retailnet. Will get it offline only now. My earlier 1100 va APC was from Nehru place only.

I think they try and offload returns just to see if it flies. Make sure they (CS) know you're looking for a sealed box, and they'll most likely comply the next time round :|

14 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

I think they try and offload returns just to see if it flies. Make sure they (CS) know you're looking for a sealed box, and they'll most likely comply the next time round :|

You have too much faith in FK. :lol:

I won't be surprised if their inventory is also commingled like Amazon. Sellers can push old/open/returned/fake items easily. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Keyofx said:

I use a bunch of those Wipro smart battens at home (connected via WiFi). No issues at all and I'd recommend them.

They're plenty bright for my use, but just remember that they're rated 20W.

I'll check them out but there are couple of versions, can you share the link of yours?

51 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I'll check them out but there are couple of versions, can you share the link of yours?

Sure, here you go! https://www.amazon.in/Batten-Compatible-Amazon-Google-Assistant/dp/B07P7JNQ56/

I picked up 6 of the non RGB ones at 799-899 during sales.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Sure, here you go! https://www.amazon.in/Batten-Compatible-Amazon-Google-Assistant/dp/B07P7JNQ56/

I picked up 6 of the non RGB ones at 799-899 during sales.

This doesn't retain power state after power cut? Is that problematic?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08QH2FGF8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_SG0F5HRVQ58HM2BM6417

This one from Philips has power state memory, is this good? Not available from Cloudtail/Appario though.

4 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

This doesn't retain power state after power cut? Is that problematic?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08QH2FGF8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_SG0F5HRVQ58HM2BM6417

This one from Philips has power state memory, is this good? Not available from Cloudtail/Appario though.

Nah, these (thankfully) retain power state just fine. Would have been super annoying otherwise.

Edited by Keyofx
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

How many batteries will that take? Just too lazy to do the calculation.

Both TV and console combined would take less than 400 W. Depending on your inverter's capacity and load in your house, you might have to upgrade your inverter or not.

You can't just add batteries to your existing inverter. They are not designed like that.

2 minutes ago, codwapeace said:

Both TV and console combined would take less than 400 W. Depending on your inverter's capacity and load in your house, you might have to upgrade your inverter or not.

You can't just add batteries to your existing inverter. They are not designed like that.

I know bro. My current UPS is rated for much more than my house including a console and TV can take. Was just asking how many 150ah or 130ah batteries will it take? I am guessing I would need atleast 3.

Plus I will take the upper limit of 500W on the TV+console combo.

12 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Was just asking how many 150ah or 130ah batteries will it take?

If you are buying a new inverter you need to figure out the load you will be having on the inverter. Inverters < 1100 VA require 1 battery. >1200 VA usually require 2 batteries. >2200 VA require 3 batteries.

I currently have a 1400 VA inverter with 2 batteries. My whole house load is on it. 3-4 fans, lights, PC, TV, AVR, everything is on it except cooler, AC, fridge and kitchen appliances.

But, make sure to buy a sinewave inverter. Other inverters are useless and may damage your equipment especially those containing transformers because of harmonics.

Edited by codwapeace