The Home Appliances Thread - Poore ghar ke badal daalo

Shantz

4 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Budget is not a constraint but space is. This one is huge and my mom's eyes will get sore everyday looking at it.

I will try to convince her, otherwise will get the other one.

Will just keep UPS mode always on as you said earlier, does that degrade battery life?

I don't think so. Those which use battery even power is on are called online UPS and they are much more expensive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I need to get an extension board.

Should have atleast 6 ports, having usb ports will be a plus but not necessary.

Belkin is an option but someone mentioned earlier that its quality has dropped over the years.

So any suggestions? (1500W should be enough as the load won't go pass 600-700W at any given time).

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I need some help, I bought a O General AC from Vijay Sales which I found while installing that it’s Dead On Arrival due to PCB gone bad. OGenral guys are saying they will repair the PCB while I am off that stand since it’s a new product and it’s dead on arrival I should be given a completely new outdoor unit instead of just repairing the PCB. Am I right in this regards? The OGenral guys seem to be avoiding a complete replacement. What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Guys I need some help, I bought a O General AC from Vijay Sales which I found while installing that it’s Dead On Arrival due to PCB gone bad. OGenral guys are saying they will repair the PCB while I am off that stand since it’s a new product and it’s dead on arrival I should be given a completely new outdoor unit instead of just repairing the PCB. Am I right in this regards? The OGenral guys seem to be avoiding a complete replacement. What should I do?

Shouldn't Vijay Sales provide you a replacement?

Talk to them and try to get it replaced.

Shouldn't Vijay Sales provide you a replacement?
Talk to them and try to get it replaced.

I spoke to them as well, they are asking me to get in touch with OGeneral and sort it out. OGeneral guys are in turn are delaying the same and saying they will discuss the same internally and get back to me. So kind of stuck between both of them.

1 minute ago, i_rock098 said:

I spoke to them as well, they are asking me to get in touch with OGeneral and sort it out. OGeneral guys are in turn are delaying the same and saying they will discuss the same internally and get back to me. So kind of stuck between both of them.

You need to pressure VJ otherwise they won't do anything. If need be then get in writing from O general that it was DOA and give it to VJ, they will have to replace it then because what's the point in buying from them?

Could go to Amazon etc. Croma and RD provide replacements.

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking of ordering a Vacuum cleaner as we don't want the maid to come anymore. Is the Dyson worth it ? Or should I save money and order a Eureka Forbes/IFB etc. The Dyson costs around 40k for a middle range product and around 50k for the top of the line. I am kind of sold on the Dyson after seeing their demo vids. but just want to be sure before spending big bucks on it, anyone here using it ?

6 hours ago, SuperT said:

Thinking of ordering a Vacuum cleaner as we don't want the maid to come anymore. Is the Dyson worth it ? Or should I save money and order a Eureka Forbes/IFB etc. The Dyson costs around 40k for a middle range product and around 50k for the top of the line. I am kind of sold on the Dyson after seeing their demo vids. but just want to be sure before spending big bucks on it, anyone here using it ?

I have only heard good things about it, though never used it. I have the robotic cleaner and it gets the job done decently enough.

I was also planning to order it, but then I saw the new version that has come out, loved it. Will wait to get it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I have only heard good things about it, though never used it. I have the robotic cleaner and it gets the job done decently enough.

I was also planning to order it, but then I saw the new version that has come out, loved it. Will wait to get it.

Dyson always felt like an Apple product to me and James Dyson even looks and talks like Tim Cook. But the product is quite amazing.

• Like 2

Dyson always felt like an Apple product to me and James Dyson even looks and talks like Tim Cook. But the product is quite amazing.
Damn that's insane. A lot of engineering and tech in that and I guess it will easily be 70-80k when it launches here. I guess for now I'll go ahead with the V11 Absolute Pro can't wait as the maid has stopped coming. There is a decent offer also 6k discount on exchange, I have an old Eureka Forbes in the house which I'll use for the offer and also they are shipping a free floor dock.

1 minute ago, SuperT said:

Damn that's insane. A lot of engineering and tech in that and I guess it will easily be 70-80k when it launches here. I guess for now I'll go ahead with the V11 Absolute Pro can't wait as the maid has stopped coming. There is a decent offer also 6k discount on exchange, I have an old Eureka Forbes in the house which I'll use for the offer and also they are shipping a free floor dock.

Ya the current offer is good, and I have a feeling it is stock clearance before they get the new one. If not for my little robot running around and doing our work, I would have been very tempted to pick it too. 

• Like 1

Doing a quick search V11 was selling for 699$ and is down to 599$ as clearance.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dyson-v11-torque-drive-cord-free-vacuum-blue-nickel/6331929.p?skuId=6331929

V15 is 699$, so i am guessing the price hike should not be huge.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dyson-v15-detect-cordless-vacuum-yellow-nickel/6451330.p?skuId=6451330&intl=nosplash

Doing a quick search V11 was selling for 699$ and is down to 599$ as clearance.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dyson-v11-torque-drive-cord-free-vacuum-blue-nickel/6331929.p?skuId=6331929

V15 is 699$, so i am guessing the price hike should not be huge.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dyson-v15-detect-cordless-vacuum-yellow-nickel/6451330.p?skuId=6451330&intl=nosplash
Not bad if they stick to that pricing, it should be around 58-60k when it launches here. But I think with covid the launch here won't be before Oct/Nov.

11 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Same. 

I cannot fathom spending 60-70k on a vaccum cleaner. I'm sure they are pretty epic, but 60k epic ? 

Same. 

I cannot fathom spending 60-70k on a vaccum cleaner. I'm sure they are pretty epic, but 60k epic ? 
You can get their mid level vaccum cleaner for around 35k which are more than sufficient in most use case scenarios. But yeah for that much you can get a top of the line from IFB/Eureka etc.