The Home Appliances Thread - Poore ghar ke badal daalo

Shantz

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2021 at 6:29 PM, Rey said:

Mine too works fine when the load is low but when load is around 470W+ mark and there is power cut, the system restarts. Don't know where the problem is, just noticed this behavior couple of days ago.

At what setting have you set the Sensitivity of the UPS? High, Medium or Low?

On 9/16/2021 at 6:05 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. Mine works fine. Gives around 15-20 mins of backup for both TV and PS5.

I have a UPS inverter which does the same thing. When i'm not gaming, it switches instantly and the system and TV keeps running after power cut. But recently when i was in a heavy gaming season the system shut down and restarted after power cut. So instead of surge protector, now i'm thinking of going for a UPS. I read that online UPS are the best as they provide true sine wave and there is no "switch-over" involved. Have shortlisted APC Online UPS 1kVA SRC1KI-IN with internal batteries. But it's super expensive. It has 800W rating and 90% efficiency. Other alternative is BR1500G, which you guys have, which is an offline UPS but cheaper than the 1st one. Although its not a true sine wave UPS instead a stepped approximation to a sinewave.

Confused between the two.

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

I have a UPS inverter which does the same thing. When i'm not gaming, it switches instantly and the system and TV keeps running after power cut. But recently when i was in a heavy gaming season the system shut down and restarted after power cut. So instead of surge protector, now i'm thinking of going for a UPS. I read that online UPS are the best as they provide true sine wave and there is no "switch-over" involved. Have shortlisted APC Online UPS 1kVA SRC1KI-IN with internal batteries. But it's super expensive. It has 800W rating and 90% efficiency. Other alternative is BR1500G, which you guys have, which is an offline UPS but cheaper than the 1st one. Although its not a true sine wave UPS instead a stepped approximation to a sinewave.

Confused between the two.

Cheers.

My BR1500G is performing fine now, it caused the system to restart a few times when I posted that in September, but since then it is working fine during cuts even under heavy load. Don't know what the problem was, I suspect there were a few "dirty" power cuts which caused it to restart.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Has anyone bought a foot massager machine? Looking for something around 10K and that goes up till the shins (ie not only ankles and feet).

I have a smaller one i.e., only ankles and feet ones. It gets the job done. It is small so I can put it on my bed and get massage. In fact, I prefer it this way. So does others in my family. 

Never used big one, but I guess the downside of model would be that it is big and can not be used while lying. 

39 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Could you share a link? 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06ZZWKV1V/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_0WZB581GHAQE1EECSSY4

I have it for around 3-4 years now. Price was less at that time. Remote didn't work from the start but I didn't care. Machine is working fine. 

If you search for foot massager on Amazon. You'll find your calf length one from the same company too. 

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, looking for a recommendation for dishwasher.

- any suggestion between an inbuilt/fully integrated vs standalone dishwasher ?

- which is a reliable brand (in terms of support/durability/ease of usage/effectiveness against Indian cooking vessels etc) ?

Anyone using a 2kva (or bigger) inverter for home use ? Noida has a high amount of electricity cuts, and with 2 TVs, an xbox, a PS, and bunch of other stuff running (lights, fans, router etc), the current 1100va inverter can't keep up even for 5 seconds. Concerned with the affect on devices, thinking of upgrading to 2kva inverter + 2 200AH batteries. 

Any experience, anyone ?

On 1/10/2022 at 4:56 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Anyone using a 2kva (or bigger) inverter for home use ? Noida has a high amount of electricity cuts, and with 2 TVs, an xbox, a PS, and bunch of other stuff running (lights, fans, router etc), the current 1100va inverter can't keep up even for 5 seconds. Concerned with the affect on devices, thinking of upgrading to 2kva inverter + 2 200AH batteries. 

Any experience, anyone ?

If it really lasts for 5 seconds and not 0 seconds, most likely your battery is gone. Try replacing the battery first and if it doesn't help you can upgrade to a 2.5 kVA inverter where you would require 2 batteries. So, buy another battery of the same type when you upgrade your inverter.

Does anyone have any experience with home cameras? I am looking for a wireless model that can use wifi, and has a decent amount of storage with at least a 720p resolution. 

I currently have a NVR/DVR and 2 wired dome CCTVs that don't cover the whole area. And I don't want to get more wiring done. Hence I'm a male seeking cameras. :fear1:

Anyone here recently buy a air purifier. My neighbor started some construction work and there’s dust everywhere. I can literally smell the dust. Any other way to take care of this. 

or is a air purifier the only way

Anyone here recently buy a air purifier. My neighbor started some construction work and there’s dust everywhere. I can literally smell the dust. Any other way to take care of this. 

or is a air purifier the only way

• 1 month later...

Which is a good refrigerator brand? I'm thinking LG seems to be the best?

Looking for a fridge in 30-40k range, I cook and store lots of veggies. Any things to look out for when making a purchase? (Like LG Door cooling, smart compressor VS linear compressor? Convertible?)

I also want a very quiet fridge, how would I know if a model is quiet / noisy?

Edited by ox-

1 hour ago, ox- said:

Looking for a fridge in 30-40k range, I cook and store lots of veggies. Any things to look out for when making a purchase? (Like LG Door cooling, smart compressor VS linear compressor? Convertible?)

Whirlpool is good.

stay away from Samsung and you should be good :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ox- said:

Anything except Samsung. 

• Like 1