The Home Appliances Thread - Poore ghar ke badal daalo

Shantz

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Lg and whirpool. You can check Godrej as well if you want to explore more. 

Thanks I am mostly looking at LG.

Any refrigerator from LG I pick would be good? or is there some specific things to look out for?

Edited by ox-

6 hours ago, ox- said:

Which is a good refrigerator brand? I'm thinking LG seems to be the best?

Looking for a fridge in 30-40k range, I cook and store lots of veggies. Any things to look out for when making a purchase? (Like LG Door cooling, smart compressor VS linear compressor? Convertible?)

I also want a very quiet fridge, how would I know if a model is quiet / noisy?

Look out for the freezer. It should be the one where you don't get tons of ice lining the sides. 

What are you thoughts on air conditioners? Which brand to buy? 

I am looking for 1.5 ton 5 stars and have narrowed down on this.

Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Anti Pollution Inverter Split AC (Copper, PM 0.1 Filter, 2020 Model, JTKJ50TV, White) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HFFRC3V/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_DJBZN2ED40WQDN02CH3K

Power consumption is 744 units a year. I have a 5 years old lg 1.5 inverter 3 stars with 1200 units a year and it has an extremely low power consumption. 

Getting it for 46k from vijay sales. Looking to get it on hdfc no cost emi to run that prepayment scam. 

3 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Anti Pollution Inverter Split AC (Copper, PM 0.1 Filter, 2020 Model, JTKJ50TV, White) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HFFRC3V/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_DJBZN2ED40WQDN02CH3K

Power consumption is 744 units a year. I have a 5 years old lg 1.5 inverter 3 stars with 1200 units a year and it has an extremely low power consumption. 

Getting it for 46k from vijay sales. Looking to get it on hdfc no cost emi to run that prepayment scam. 

Daikin and Lg are pretty good you can't go wrong. If you need something even more top of the line then - Mitsubishi or O Genral. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, abhi90 said:

Whirlpool is good.

stay away from Samsung and you should be good :P

16 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Anything except Samsung. 

15 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I have a contrarian opinion with Samsung. Our fridge has lasted for almost 15 years now. Pretty happy with it. 

Same. Our Samsung was 12 years old. We just changed it 3 months back cos we remodeled our kitchen and had space for a bigger one. Older one was still running fine. And we got the new on a Samsung too. Would have gotten LG but it was 10k expensive in the size we were looking at with identical feature set. 

15 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

What's a good RO water purifier to purchase? I'll be moving to a new house in Bangalore and would prefer installing a purifier than ordering Bisleri cans repeatedly. 

We had a great experience with Eureka Forbes for many years and recently got a new Eureka forbes which is running fine. Or you can also look at Pureit by HUL which is highly rated. My in laws are using it and it's quite good.

4 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Mitsubishi and General are the best but on the expensive side.

Our own experience with Carrier and LG have been very good. Daikin A.S.S has gone for a toss so make sure your area has a good one before buying. LG has a very good extended warranty scheme so do check it out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SuperT said:

Daikin and Lg are pretty good you can't go wrong. If you need something even more top of the line then - Mitsubishi or O Genral. 

Would not recommend lg when other good brands exists for AC. 

The best ACs if you have the money 

Mitsubishi heavy duty 

O'General 

Hitachi

Daikin

If you want cost effective solution then 

Carrier - I'm using 2 ACs for last 6 years

Bluestar 

• Like 3

On 2/7/2021 at 7:16 PM, HEMAN said:

For a 55inch Tv along with any console buy this 

APC BVX1200LI-IN UPS

Currently using this for my setup ample time for me to shutdown. That APC 1100VA is useless, I had bought one recently and it used to beep even when connected to mains on live current. 

Hi, any updates on how you find the performance? I have just bought a LG C1 55 inch and plan on buying a PS5 when the stars align so do you know if this will this work for me?
It has some pretty good reviews on Amazon

Hey all struggling to understand "Connected load" and why my power is tripping.

I had a 1.5 ton old AC recently installed and started facing issues. Sometimes the "green" reset trip on the main power board springs out and electricity goes away.

I also have a double door fridge running. Also a bunch of appliances connected (TV, lights, speakers, monitors, ps5, xbox, etc etc).

I checked my Adani bill and it says type of supply "Single Phase" with connected load as "3.0 kW"

Is the culprit that I don't have enough connected load or is the fridge/ac misbehaving?

thank you brohiems @DinJo @harsh1387 @Bird Bird Bird @CtrlAltDev93 @LordSpymaster @abhi90 

Bought the Daikin ac only. outdoor unit is super quite so my upstairs neighbour should be happy. it shows actual inverter running level in %age. although buying a daikin is a pain in the a*s. the plug point is supposed to be connected to outdoor unit so have to rework the wiring plus they have this weird policy about not giving the said power cable for the outdoor unit. they only provide indoor to outdoor cable. 

it cost me 51k to 52k with installation and core cutting etc for a 1.5 ton 5 star but if it runs well and saves electricity then it would be worth it. the iseer rating is 5.2 which is ultra low running cost. 

I suggest everyone to avoid buying AC from reliance digital as they force you to take only their installation service in advance otherwise they cannot sell you the AC offline. The guy who is assigned knows that you have no choice but to agree to his terms as you have already paid for installation and cannot send the technician back. he asked for 350 rs to wrap duct tape to the outside pipes. i got him duct tape from hardware and he said "duct tape 50 rupaye ka hai, mein lagane ke 350 maang raha tha". "gol gol lagana padta hai and some other bullshit" 

charged me 250 rs for rubber dampeners which lg give 2 sets for free. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 3:49 AM, Gavara Tarun said:

Hi, any updates on how you find the performance? I have just bought a LG C1 55 inch and plan on buying a PS5 when the stars align so do you know if this will this work for me?
It has some pretty good reviews on Amazon

Performance is not consistent. During gaming it cannot hold for more than 5 mins with my PC. However, it will handle tv and ps5.

Can someone recommend a cheap set of speakers for a TV? There is a 3.5mm aux and a optical audio port on it that I can use. Old TV so no Bluetooth. Also it has only 2 HDMI ports so I'd prefer to not use one of them for audio. 

This is for old people so the dumber the better. Just needs to be portable (to an extent) and maybe have Bluetooth for phone audio streaming. Main use is the TV though. 2.1 system/soundbar is fine. 

Budget is around 5K. 

Ideas? 

I haven't bought any appliances lately, so perhaps if I recommend something from the past, it will be outdated. But I need your help, guys. I want to redesign my apartment and there are two things I need. First, I want to know about intra-room wall demolishing permit. Where do I go? And secondly I want to know about doors replacement companies. My sister lives in Canada and she says that replacement windows Barrie https://thwindowsdoors.com/barrie-window-replacement/ can be taken as example. But do you know anybody who will do this here? Or it is cheaper and easier to order it with overseas shipment and local installation?

On 3/13/2022 at 7:47 AM, DinJo said:

Would not recommend lg when other good brands exists for AC. 

The best ACs if you have the money 

Mitsubishi heavy duty 

O'General 

Hitachi

Daikin

If you want cost effective solution then 

Carrier - I'm using 2 ACs for last 6 years

Bluestar 

I would say Hitachi is absolutely sh*t.

We have 4 ACs at our house, all are Hitachi and I haven't had a year in which they didn't throw up an issue.

Even right now I am dealing with blown capacitors, motor noise and what not.

Need to buy a new one this weekend, will probably be Carrier. My relatives and friends bought it and haven't been happier.