The Home Appliances Thread - Poore ghar ke badal daalo

Shantz

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I had got a Hitachi piece replaced a few months after purchase. The new one also cause lotsa issues over the next few years. 

Have used Daikin, Samsung and LG; great experience with all 3 with Daikin being the best. Panasonic is also decent. 

We have an almost 10 year old Pana AC, and it's running like a champ. Really good stuff. 

LG, Voltas OTOH had their coils replaced within 3 years, gas leaks etc. More so an issue in my area as it's near a unclosed drain, and the gases play havoc with copper and aluminium inside these ACs. 

30 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

We have an almost 10 year old Pana AC, and it's running like a champ. Really good stuff. 

LG, Voltas OTOH had their coils replaced within 3 years, gas leaks etc. More so an issue in my area as it's near a unclosed drain, and the gases play havoc with copper and aluminium inside these ACs. 

Get that Pana replaced, looking at how efficient the new ACs are. Going from 1700w to 1200w cut our bill significantly, the new ones are even better.

11 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Get that Pana replaced, looking at how efficient the new ACs are. Going from 1700w to 1200w cut our bill significantly, the new ones are even better.

Nah man. AC prices are going crazy as copper prices have been on upward trajectory. Makes no sense investing 50k to save maybe 1k or so in the bill per month. 

Mera toh popat ho gaya.

I bought daikin 5 star inverter looking at iseer rating and paid a little extra thinking that power consumption would be low but it seems it consumes more power than my 5 year old lg 3 star dual inverter AC. 

Guess dual inverter does work.

Used the Daikin for 12 hrs and got 6 units of consumption. My LG takes 3 to 4 units and sometimes a little less. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

An important update. I kept running after 5 star inverter with lowest consumption. A daikin AC fit the bill which showed 720 units a year for 1.5 tons. 

Turns out that's not how one is supposed to buy AC. The consumption is based on cooling capacity in watts. 

I recently purchased a 2 ton daikin and while selecting a 2 ton i discovered that a lot of 2 ton acs were actually between 6000 watts or 6600 watts only daikin was 7100 watts which is true 2 tons. Rest of the acs are 1.7 to 1.8.tons masquerading as 2 tons in the range of 6000 to 6600 watts which is good for 200 to 260 sq ft and I needed a proper ac for my 300 sq ft hall. 

Later when I checked watts of my 1.5 ton and it was 5000 watts which is actually 1.42 tons and a lower priced model of daikin was 5250 watts which everyone was pushing me for but I was lured by 720 units consumption. The consumption is low because cooling wattage is also low. The other model was 784 units per year @5250 watts and 1.49 ton

I could have done with the extra cooling capacity as my bedroom has wooden flooring and my room takes time to cool down due to it. Plus it is 190 sq ft so a proper 1.5 ton would have helped. ? Another chaube ji banne gaye chabbe ji experience of my life.

Next time check the cooling in watts. There is difference in watts in variants of same companies. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Please recommend 1.Regular fridge. Kinda big, and freezer at the bottom preferably? Would like it not be too wide. Not the double-door kinds.

2. Minifridge. Thinking of getting one for sodas and beers and stuff - separate from the main fridge. Is this a good idea?

Would like rec for both - value for money options, nothing too crazy. Have very little idea in this department.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 7:44 AM, Bhpian Bali said:

An important update. I kept running after 5 star inverter with lowest consumption. A daikin AC fit the bill which showed 720 units a year for 1.5 tons. 

Turns out that's not how one is supposed to buy AC. The consumption is based on cooling capacity in watts. 

I recently purchased a 2 ton daikin and while selecting a 2 ton i discovered that a lot of 2 ton acs were actually between 6000 watts or 6600 watts only daikin was 7100 watts which is true 2 tons. Rest of the acs are 1.7 to 1.8.tons masquerading as 2 tons in the range of 6000 to 6600 watts which is good for 200 to 260 sq ft and I needed a proper ac for my 300 sq ft hall. 

Later when I checked watts of my 1.5 ton and it was 5000 watts which is actually 1.42 tons and a lower priced model of daikin was 5250 watts which everyone was pushing me for but I was lured by 720 units consumption. The consumption is low because cooling wattage is also low. The other model was 784 units per year @5250 watts and 1.49 ton

I could have done with the extra cooling capacity as my bedroom has wooden flooring and my room takes time to cool down due to it. Plus it is 190 sq ft so a proper 1.5 ton would have helped. ? Another chaube ji banne gaye chabbe ji experience of my life.

Next time check the cooling in watts. There is difference in watts in variants of same companies. 

I need to get a 1.5 ton window AC.

Not sure if going for 5 star inverter AC from LG is worth it over a 5 star Carrier.

Need suggestions.

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Not sure if going for 5 star inverter AC from LG is worth it over a 5 star Carrier.

Need suggestions.

Mitsubushi>O General>Daikin/Bluestar>LG]>Hitachi/Carrier>Samsung/Haier>the rest

I would go with LG between the two you mentioned. Better service and generally better warranty. 

Edited by SuperT

34 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Mitsubushi>O General>Daikin/Bluestar>LG]>Hitachi/Carrier>Samsung/Haier>the rest

I would go with LG between the two you mentioned. Better service and generally better warranty. 

With LG I am seeing the same issue which @Bhpian Bali pointed out, 1.5 ton is 4950W while Carrier has 5150w cooling capacity.

15 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Need suggestions.

I have 5 star Split and Window from Carrier. Cooling is very good. Also have a 5 star Inverter split from LG. But somehow I always feel Carried cools better than LG. LG is more silent and the service is much better. 

IMO for window take the one which is cheaper. If Split then probably LG is a good option. 

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

I have 5 star Split and Window from Carrier. Cooling is very good. Also have a 5 star Inverter split from LG. But somehow I always feel Carried cools better than LG. LG is more silent and the service is much better. 

IMO for window take the one which is cheaper. If Split then probably LG is a good option. 

I went through all of the available models from Carrier and LG.

And LG's cooling capacity is lower.  

5* inverter 1.5 ton from LG is 4850/4950W while 5* Carrier is 5100/5150.

And then comes O General which is 5300W.

So LG might use less electricity but cooling capacity is less as well.

Daikin is 4900 too, Blustar is 5000.

O general is more expensive but I think it is worth it, gonna check if it's available.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

I went through all of the available models from Carrier and LG.

And LG's cooling capacity is lower.  

5* inverter 1.5 ton from LG is 4850/4950W while 5* Carrier is 5100/5150.

And then comes O General which is 5300W.

So LG might use less electricity but cooling capacity is less as well.

Daikin is 4900 too, Blustar is 5000.

O general is more expensive but I think it is worth it, gonna check if it's available.

There is one daikin model FTKM50UV. It is 5250 and around 46k in Pune. You can try that one. It's iseer rating is 5.2 which is an uncommon rating for acs. 

7 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Oh sorry i thought you require split ac. I didn't notice window ac.

Yeah, I have a space for window. Don't really want to use up extra space for split.

Found an O General 1.5 ton 5* 5300W, going for 41k.

While 2 Carrier models, 5100W each, going for 34 and 37k. The latter has some smart features, I think.

Will the difference be noticeable between O General and Carrier? I will spend extra 7k but I hope the extra money is worth it.

25 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yeah, I have a space for window. Don't really want to use up extra space for split.

Found an O General 1.5 ton 5* 5300W, going for 41k.

While 2 Carrier models, 5100W each, going for 34 and 37k. The latter has some smart features, I think.

Will the difference be noticeable between O General and Carrier? I will spend extra 7k but I hope the extra money is worth it.

If the room is big the it is always better to go for a little extra capacity. If you have provision for split then buy a split acs. Window acs are very noisy and even if window acs are not noisy initially they wil get on your nerves one day. 

7 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

If the room is big the it is always better to go for a little extra capacity. If you have provision for split then buy a split acs. Window acs are very noisy and even if window acs are not noisy initially they wil get on your nerves one day. 

That's out of my hands. It's for my Dad's room and he is strictly against split ACs because he has heard people bicker about yearly gas leaks during pipe disconnects and water leakage.

Gonna buy the O General tomorrow.

Currently we are using Hitachi and can't wait to throw that piece of sh*t away.

Dunno about others but being using a Panasonic split got nearly 8 years ago.  Absolute bliss, noiseless. Zero issues so far with the AC itself. Remote conked off, and got an aftermarket one. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

14 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Dunno about others but being using a Panasonic split got nearly 8 years ago.  Absolute bliss, noiseless. Zero issues so far with the AC itself. Remote conked off, and got an aftermarket one. 

Panasonic actually underwent some manufacturing restructuring few years ago and that introduced some issues into their products.

Old Panasonics used to be great.