The Home Appliances Thread - Poore ghar ke badal daalo

Shantz

1 hour ago, Right said:

Dyson is 53k.

I just don’t see how it can replace the maid  from financial perspective, this equates to 1.5-2yrs of their salaries, considering that it still needs manual labour.

Umm Dyson won't bring covid home

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Umm Dyson won't bring covid home

Dyson isn't a product that everyone can afford. Price + manual labour, gonna make it tough sell to those who are buying it primarily looking at current lockdown situation.

And houses are quite big down south & up north making manual labour a major factor to think about.

23 minutes ago, Right said:

Dyson isn't a product that everyone can afford. Price + manual labour, gonna make it tough sell to those who are buying it primarily looking at current lockdown situation.

And houses are quite big down south & up north making manual labour a major factor to think about

Yess ok just pointing out you didn't include "vehicle for viruses" in your equation

6 hours ago, Right said:

Dyson is 53k.

I just don’t see how it can replace the maid  from financial perspective, this equates to 1.5-2yrs of their salaries, considering that it still needs manual labour.

Dishwasher OTOH is something that takes away manual labour completely, so that balances things a bit.

Dyson is OLED. Robo vaccum cleaners are FALD. 

4 minutes ago, DinJo said:

OK so Dyson is going to die in few years 

Robo vac and maid kaunsa “Zindagi ke saath bhi aur zindagi ke baad bhi” tagline lekar aate hai. 

8 hours ago, Right said:

And houses are quite big down south & up north making manual labour a major factor to think about.

This. 

It can maybe work in smaller houses (like those in Mumbai), but difficult to justify up north. 

Guys, which Dishwasher? We are a hardcore punjabi house with heavy-set masala, greasy cooking, giant utensils, and a couple of sink loads of utensils everyday. Pliss to batao. 

We bought a Bosch 13 place dishwasher it's 10k more than their starting range model but trust me that extra tray on the top for spoons/spatula/forks/small plates etc is a blessing. If you have a lot utensils go for the most no of place settings available for whichever brand you choose. Most of my relatives and frnds had good things to say about Bosch plus I have a couple of Bosch appliances in the kitchen so I got it. If you go for IFB/Voltas then go for the 15 place one but I don't k ow how those brands are for Dishwashers.

Happy overall but trust me we struggle because even we as a family have a lot of utensils and sometimes need to handwash a couple or run two cycles back to back.
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

Is buying an AC online a good idea? 

From personal experience : i once did an exchange purchase on Amazon. The new AC was delivered all right but the guys who came later for pickup of the old AC had too much attitude and wouldn’t help uninstall it off the wall. Had to emergency call the local electrician and had him remove it. 
If that is a trend then maybe no. Or if you’re not planning to do an exchange offer deal then fine. Otherwise no complaints with the AC. Warranty was honoured alright. 

3 minutes ago, SuperT said:

We bought a Bosch 13 place dishwasher it's 10k more than their starting range model but trust me that extra tray on the top for spoons/spatula/forks/small plates etc is a blessing. If you have a lot utensils go for the most no of place settings available for whichever brand you choose. Most of my relatives and frnds had good things to say about Bosch plus I have a couple of Bosch appliances in the kitchen so I got it. If you go for IFB/Voltas then go for the 15 place one but I don't k ow how those brands are for Dishwashers.

Happy overall but trust me we struggle because even we as a family have a lot of utensils and sometimes need to handwash a couple or run two cycles back to back.

Can you post a link if bought online? I’m considering one but need to figure out the dimensions. 

Can you post a link if bought online? I’m considering one but need to figure out the dimensions. 
This - https://www.bosch-home.in/productlist/SMS46KI01E

It's a pain to find a Bosch dishwahser online or offline specially the 13 place model, they are sold out everywhere. I was lucky to find one on Tata Cliq out of all places. Contact Bosch India dealers, they might have stock my relative got it from a dealer after paying some token amt. for booking it.

https://www.bosch-home.in/dealer-locator
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SuperT said:

This - https://www.bosch-home.in/productlist/SMS46KI01E

It's a pain to find a Bosch dishwahser online or offline specially the 13 place model, they are sold out everywhere. I was lucky to find one on Tata Cliq out of all places. Contact Bosch India dealers, they might have stock my relative got it from a dealer after paying some token amt. for booking it.

https://www.bosch-home.in/dealer-locator

Thanks bro. By place you mean the number of items that can be washed?

My usage is going to be barebones just a few Tupperware dabbas and plates for eating food. Don’t cook. Is 13 overkill?

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

My usage is going to be barebones just a few Tupperware dabbas and plates for eating food. Don’t cook. Is 13 overkill?

Isn't any dishwasher overkill if you're not cooking. How many plates do you have to clean? 

Edited by dylanjosh

1 minute ago, dylanjosh said:

Isn't any dishwasher overkill if you're not cooking. How many plates do you have to clean? 

I do dishes twice a day. And the usual chai ka bartan. Not many really.  But the days I make rice, extra teen vessels aa jaate hai. The pot, strainer and the collander. And the daily pan for eggs etc. 

I do dishes twice a day. And the usual chai ka bartan. Not many really.  But the days I make rice, extra teen vessels aa jaate hai. The pot, strainer and the collander. And the daily pan for eggs etc. 
Then a standard 12 place is more than enough for you. No. of places refers to the 'kinds of utensils and provisions available'. The more the places the more no. and kind of utensils the dishwasher can accomodate. For someone that needs to do only a few dishes like plates/cups/cutlery then a 8 place table top is also enough but I suggest you go for atleast a 12 place model so that it is future proof and also you can then run it only once a day.
  • Thanks 1