What you bought this week - 2021 edition

HundredProofSam

12 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Hide contents

P.S. The space shouldn't be that enclosed, I know.

My suggestion If possible take off one slab and keep both PS5 and Series X vertically, I think it might fit..  I did the same think in my glass enclosures

7 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

My suggestion If possible take off one slab and keep both PS5 and Series X vertically, I think it might fit..  I did the same think in my glass enclosures

Not a bad idea, but the problem is that the stand ain't too deep. Won't leave enough space in the back for the airflow.

That will be a problem nonetheless with PS5, but at least the XSX is getting some reasonable space now to push the air out.

If things look too dicey with PS5, I have contingencies in mind to position it separately- either behind or beside the TV on a small table or something.

Edited by quixote_1989

11 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Consider the bigger length/width of the PS5, the open space for airflow will be much less in my stand/cabinet/whatever.

Sadly not, just a (glory) hole for the cables. :(

Ouch. Be careful bro. The SX is a heat monster. 

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

Ouch. Be careful bro. The SX is a heat monster. 

How is the PS5 when compared to the PS4 (base) when it comes to heat dissipation ?

I have a wooden + glass cabinet where I had the PS4 for 4 years and I used to open it from the front when I was playing but all the other 3 sides are closed.

The PS4 was just fine since the cabinet itself has a lot of depth so enough area for air flow but since the PS5 is huge I might just drill big holes at the back if it generates more heat than the PS4.

Just now, SuperT said:

How is the PS5 when compared to the PS4 (base) when it comes to heat dissipation ?

I have a wooden + glass cabinet where I had the PS4 for 4 years and I used to open it from the front when I was playing but all the other 3 sides are closed.

The PS4 was just fine since the cabinet itself has a lot of depth so enough area for air flow but since the PS5 is huge I might just drill big holes at the back if it generates more heat than the PS4.

In my experience so far freakin alien tech when it comes to sound and heat. Absolutely none whatsoever. And this is with marathon sessions. It's not even a contest. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jigsaw said:

New TV unit? 

Hell no! Who do you think I am, some rich bald boozy boomer with a controller fetish? :rant:

Contingency is a separate coffee table or something beside the TV where I can place both XSX & PS5 vertically, in the open.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

These are Google Photos links. I have seen that problem in the past.

Will change it to imgbb or something

Weird. I'm seeing a gray circle with a "-" inside it. Kinda like a traffic sign.

1 hour ago, Keyofx said:

Weird. I'm seeing a gray circle with a "-" inside it. Kinda like a traffic sign.

Yeah, its some sort of permission error that Google throws up sometimes. Changed the links to imgbb now.

Edited by quixote_1989

4 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Yeah, its some sort of permission error that Google throws up sometimes. Change the links to imgbb now.

Thanks, I see them now! What's in the third rack, btw?