What you bought this week - 2021 edition

HundredProofSam

1 hour ago, Shantz said:

Mere Karan Arjun aa gaye

image.png

I'm out of reactions for today. Congrats :D

What model Yamaha A/V is that? I have an Onkyo myself. It's usually soundbars round these parts, so this is a nice change. Passthrough audio via ARC or are you using optical?

27 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

I'm out of reactions for today. Congrats :D

What model Yamaha A/V is that? I have an Onkyo myself. It's usually soundbars round these parts, so this is a nice change. Passthrough audio via ARC or are you using optical?

It's HTR 3072. All consoles are connected to the AVR directly and then AVR is feeding to the TV.

1 hour ago, Shantz said:

It's HTR 3072. All consoles are connected to the AVR directly and then AVR is feeding to the TV.

Nice! What TV are you on?

A thought, but it might be more efficient if you hook the consoles straight to the TV if it's a recent one (with HDMI 2.1 features), and get the audio back to the receiver via ARC or eARC. You'll lose out on all the HDMI 2.1 goodness if you go through a non-HDMI 2.1 AVR.

34 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Nice! What TV are you on?

A thought, but it might be more efficient if you hook the consoles straight to the TV if it's a recent one (with HDMI 2.1 features), and get the audio back to the receiver via ARC or eARC. You'll lose out on all the HDMI 2.1 goodness if you go through a non-HDMI 2.1 AVR.

It's an LG C7, so no HDMI 2.1. That's why I connected via the AVR since there's not much to lose. It's much simpler that way and much better sound.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shantz said:

It's an LG C7, so no HDMI 2.1. That's why I connected via the AVR since there's not much to lose. It's much simpler that way and much better sound.

Makes sense. Plus the AVR can't do full 2.1 anyway, so probably a project for later ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shantz said:

Mere Karan Arjun aa gaye

image.png

woah, nice man, congrats on the purchase.  All you need is a gaming PC to complete the circle (or the square whenever the next-gen nintendo releases) !  Is the HT a 5.1 ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

woah, nice man, congrats on the purchase.  All you need is a gaming PC to complete the circle (or the square whenever the next-gen nintendo releases) !  Is the HT a 5.1 ? 

Haha yeah. It's a toss up between a switch and a PC whichever way my son gravitates towards on his birthday later this year :P Right now switch is winning.

Yeah, the HT is 5.1

14 minutes ago, Shantz said:

Haha yeah. It's a toss up between a switch and a PC whichever way my son gravitates towards on his birthday later this year :P Right now switch is winning.

Yeah, the HT is 5.1

Get a switch. You can't go wrong with it.

• Like 1