What you bought this week - 2021 edition

HundredProofSam

20 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

d75e741ddffd8fb0a73c96877324b87c.jpg

Have been hesitant to bite the bullet for XM3 due to bad reviews on mic even though it was for 18K

If possible, Can you please check and tell if this one's good for taking office calls? would it block noises from far away (for ex, construction site noise, ) while on a call ?. 

6 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Have been hesitant to bite the bullet for XM3 due to bad reviews on mic even though it was for 18K

If possible, Can you please check and tell if this one's good for taking office calls? would it block noises from far away (for ex, construction site noise, ) while on a call ?. 

It's alright indoors, outdoors you'll need to speak up to be heard. I don't think any noise cancelling as such happens for the mic.

Also for two way audio (mic + headset) it switches to a different lower quality codec. Doesn't really matter for calls but you notice a drop in audio quality.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I've only used it on calls a couple of times that too casual calls, so I'm not sure if its good for work calls. Also I don't know how good the mic is at noise cancellation.

My usage is primarily for music and streaming so its brilliant for that. I believe @Keyofx uses his for work.

Nope, unfortunately not. Jabra for work, XM4 for music. But I *have* heard that the mic isn't ideal for work calls.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2021 at 12:05 PM, Pacifier said:

@Jigsaw

16 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

Got it for 16k, around 9 months old.  

Awesome. I am really looking forward to some Nintendo love in my life, but holding on because of all the rumours going around of a Pro version.

13 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Awesome. I am really looking forward to some Nintendo love in my life, but holding on because of all the rumours going around of a Pro version.

Got this mainly to play Zelda BOTW :D

Also looking for Hades, which might be difficult to find here. 

3 hours ago, Bauji said:

Going by the current semi conductor supply chain issues, the console will be fraught with shortages as to what we are seeing for current gen consoles, if and when it is available.

Moreover this will be ridiculously over priced here. The current switch consoles prices have not yet normalised.

Better to get your share of Nintendo love now while they are still decently priced. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1