What you bought this week - 2021 edition

HundredProofSam

8 minutes ago, BrainyZombie said:

Yup it has 2 ram slots and 2 M.2 slots.

M.2 slot DO NOT support sata. Only NVMe. My older laptop came with low tier NVMe drive and I got a samsung sata m.2 at some point. wanted to carry over the sata but couldn't.

On the 32 Gig models it comes with 2x 16Gig sticks. These are dual rank 3200MHz sticks.

Cost me 1.9L

Also had the option of this exact same spec but 16Gig ram on the Strix G15 for 1.6L

Got through an offline retailer.

Sent from my SM-M215F using Tapatalk

30k extra for 16gb ram?

I don't remember correctly but Scar is much better cooled and built than Strix, right?

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

30k extra for 16gb ram?

I don't remember correctly but Scar is much better cooled and built than Strix, right?

Yeah the build quality is the sole reason I went with the scar over the strix. They had a strix on display, and the chassis flex was giving me anxiety, and I didn't even own it. Especially coming from a chungus alienware brick.

They had a zephyrus on display at another store and I figured the scar gotta be closer to this than the strix. It's pretty much as solid as the zephyrus.

The cooling is great too. Mid 70s at full fans with my ac broken, so I'm impressed. Afaik the heatsinks and pipes are the same in the two models, though I read somewhere the fans are better on the scar.

Edited by BrainyZombie

1 hour ago, BrainyZombie said:

Yeah the build quality is the sole reason I went with the scar over the strix. They had a strix on display, and the chassis flex was giving me anxiety, and I didn't even own it. Especially coming from a chungus alienware brick.

They had a zephyrus on display at another store and I figured the scar gotta be closer to this than the strix. It's pretty much as solid as the zephyrus.

The cooling is great too. Mid 70s at full fans with my ac broken, so I'm impressed. Afaik the heatsinks and pipes are the same in the two models, though I read somewhere the fans are better on the scar.

I hope ARM designs become mainstream. Wishing for a performance oriented fanless Windows laptop (under a lac). 

3 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Wanted to buy a RGB mouse so I bought a Red Mouse, Green Mouse & Blue Mouse.

63c848172b61c722b9ebb95b303368a4.jpg

The blue one looks like it might start the next pandemic :/

• Haha 1

Itna paisa default_shock3.gif

Na bro, they all serve different purpose.

The red one is Hyperx Haste, it’s considered one of the best FPS mouse for fingertip/claw grip for my hand size. Plus it’s extremely light and really made for shooting games. Got it since it was highly recommended by rocket jump ninja and I am genuinely enjoying shooting games so much with it. I just completed Gears 5 and Doom with it and it felt so tight.

The green one of course is the brazed Deathadder. Really good for claw grip when I want to play slower paced games like xcom, age of empires, turn based jrpg etc. nice relaxed comfortably mouse for those cases which does not require quick movements since this is slightly heavier.

The blue one is the Logitech G502, it’s so popular by now it’s considered the G502 masterrace on Reddit. This mouse is for Palm grip and productivity. It shreds excel and pdf like hot butter thanks to that infinite scroll wheel.

So yeah all are serving different purposes, would be difficult for one mouse to do all items well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blue one is the Logitech G502, it’s so popular by now it’s considered the G502 masterrace on Reddit. This mouse is for Palm grip and productivity. It shreds excel and pdf like hot butter thanks to that infinite scroll wheel.

Can you explain more about this?

Na bro, they all serve different purpose.

The red one is Hyperx Haste, it’s considered one of the best FPS mouse for fingertip/claw grip for my hand size. Plus it’s extremely light and really made for shooting games. Got it since it was highly recommended by rocket jump ninja and I am genuinely enjoying shooting games so much with it. I just completed Gears 5 and Doom with it and it felt so tight.

The green one of course is the brazed Deathadder. Really good for claw grip when I want to play slower paced games like xcom, age of empires, turn based jrpg etc. nice relaxed comfortably mouse for those cases which does not require quick movements since this is slightly heavier.

So yeah all are serving different purposes, would be difficult for one mouse to do all items well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amped up mice for fast competitive fpses. IMG-20210104-WA0002.jpg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Amped up mice for fast competitive fpses. IMG-20210104-WA0002.jpg

Super collection brother and lovely braided cable. :clapping:

These are from my stash...

Mice.jpg

L to R: Logitech M235, Logitech MX518, Razer Mamba, Razer DeadAdder, Razer DeathAdder Dragon Age II Edition.

IMG-0506.jpg

DSCF6221.jpg

SteelSeries Rival 700

DSCF7747.jpg

Logitech G602

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Super collection brother and lovely braided cable. :clapping:

These are from my stash...

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/nLC1vM7L/Mice.jpg[/img]

L to R: Logitech M235, Logitech MX518, Razer Mamba, Razer DeadAdder, Razer Death Adder, Dragon Age II Edition.

https://i.postimg.cc/fTC7pYfL/IMG-0506.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/DyxsBn74/DSCF6221.jpg

SteeSeries Rival 700

https://i.postimg.cc/wTkKr4rm/DSCF7747.jpg

Logitech G602

Epic! They have a lot of heft to them it seems!! 

7 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Epic! They have a lot of heft to them it seems!! 

Thank-you my friend :)

Yes, those do have heft and I actually enjoy that weighty feel. Using that smaller light M235 or a Portronics POR 372 mouse on my Netbook or Audio PC feels a little weird.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Thank-you my friend :)

Yes, those do have heft and I actually enjoy that weighty feel. Using that smaller light M235 or a Portronics POR 372 mouse on my Netbook or Audio PC feels a little weird.

Heft== comfort for larger hands. I have relatively smaller mitts 10x9.5. hence smaller mice== better aim in fast fpses like doom and quake for me. :D

Edited by radicaldude
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Apple MacBook Pro - M1 Chip, 8GB RAM, 13 inch

Yes I had to compromise on the screen size, as the 16 inch MacBook is way over my budget. 

The touch and feel is just amazing with the improve keyboard compared to the previous butterfly ones. The M1 chip makes is lightning fast and there is almost no fan sound or heating. May be because I am not using it to the extreme yet, but this is a beast!

IMG-20210619-004156-01.jpg

Congrats. I am looking to buy one to replace my old Macbook Air.

Where did you get it from? Online? Any discounts or deal?

12 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

Congrats. I am looking to buy one to replace my old Macbook Air.

Where did you get it from? Online? Any discounts or deal?

Got it from Amazon. There is a discount for 7k on HDFC credit card. have a look :thumbsup:

• Like 1