What you bought this week - 2021 edition

HundredProofSam

13 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

I'm looking for one as well. I found student discount applicable only online.

When I went to the Apple store, they didn't offer student discount on the iPad, only on Macs. iPads only had the 4k HDFC cashback.

Anyone knows any good deal going on for the M1 chip Pro version, 128GB?

Try local stores like unicorn, idelta or radiant. They sometimes offer 7% student discount and hdfc card off combined

16 hours ago, KJD said:

wonderful things is excellent. Kid loves it.

Not able to find "Moo ba lalala" standalone on amazon.
Able to locate 1 collection (https://www.amazon.in/Boyntons-Greatest-Hits-Doggies-Boynton/dp/0689823223/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=moo+baa+lalala&qid=1625578791&sr=8-2)
Did you source from outside India ?

Yes got it from bookswagon got it in hand in 10 days and this super size board books , also ordered some usborne books

https://www.bookswagon.com/book/moo-baa-la-sandra-boynton/9780689870279 

• Thanks 2

On 7/6/2021 at 11:57 AM, b!T said:

Yeah, mine's a Kindle keyboard which doesn't have any sort of backlight. I tried using my sister's paperwhite and it seems fine but it doesn't have any option for warm lighting i think.

You can always mod a paperwhite to have warm light. Basically pry open the front, take a highlighter and color the leds slightly. CLose it up. Downside is that it isn't adjustable on the fly compared to the oasis, but you can turn off the back light during the day and when you switch it on at night you get the warm/orange glow that's easy on your eyes.

Source: I've done it myself on my 7th gen kindle paperwhite instead of splurging for the Oasis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can always mod a paperwhite to have warm light. Basically pry open the front, take a highlighter and color the leds slightly. CLose it up. Downside is that it isn't adjustable on the fly compared to the oasis, but you can turn off the back light during the day and when you switch it on at night you get the warm/orange glow that's easy on your eyes.

Source: I've done it myself on my 7th gen kindle paperwhite instead of splurging for the Oasis.

Thats the first time I am hearing about this. Sounds like a nice hack [emoji38]

17 minutes ago, b!T said:

Thats the first time I am hearing about this. Sounds like a nice hack emoji38.png

Yeah, worth it for me because the only thing I really wanted was the warm light for reading at night.

This is the guide I followed: 

DIY Kindle Warm Light Instructions

After cleaning up the patchy job done

Some photos if people are interested: [Hard to capture on camera]

Album to my mod.

It's not the cleanest but it gets the job done. With the brightness around 40 percent, the orange hue being concentrated on the right isn't really visible.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 7:04 PM, North said:

Yes, I bought a Kindle Oasis AND physical books. :fear1::fear1:

Where did you the books from? By the way.... I'm still finishing Book 10..... The slog got to me and just couldn't pick up the book as much as I wanted to... at 90%, will read New Spring after this and then go to the Knife of Dreams

1 hour ago, psinide said:

Where did you the books from? By the way.... I'm still finishing Book 10..... The slog got to me and just couldn't pick up the book as much as I wanted to... at 90%, will read New Spring after this and then go to the Knife of Dreams

Haha lol I've passed you then :giggle:I'm a third of the way through Book 12! 

Bought 'em all from Amazon. 

I didn't feel the slog as much, but Book 10 was definitely a bit of a snoozefest. Enjoy New Spring, definitely a breath of fresh air! 

and Knife of Dreams is some of the best I've read :wub: