What you bought this week - 2021 edition

HundredProofSam

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Crazy setup. How do those planar magnetic headphones sound? Always wanted to try. 

For xbox, you can maybe try hooking the amp up to the tv? 

they sound really fantastic as compared to Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro and Audio Technica M50X which I have. It has super fast response, treble has no sibilance and bass has that ‘slam’ quality of planars.

For example, the mobile turret mod for chaingun in doom Eternal sounds like your head is really in the middle of the gun - goosebumps and very pleasing 

Also, there’s a very clear ‘physicality’ to the sound as in when you pick up souls in demon’s souls, you can clearly identify the movement of souls through the headphones  

for Xbox, I can hook it up to the optical port on TV but controller 3.5mm jack is also excellent. Will try optical soon.

they sound really fantastic as compared to Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro and Audio Technica M50X which I have. It has super fast response, treble has no sibilance and bass has that ‘slam’ quality of planars.

For example, the mobile turret mod for chaingun in doom Eternal sounds like your head is really in the middle of the gun - goosebumps and very pleasing 

Also, there’s a very clear ‘physicality’ to the sound as in when you pick up souls in demon’s souls, you can clearly identify the movement of souls through the headphones  

for Xbox, I can hook it up to the optical port on TV but controller 3.5mm jack is also excellent. Will try optical soon.
Damn! Brilliant setup bro. I often use DT770 pro for gaming but have been wanting to upgrade to open backs the only problem is others will be able to hear it and I mostly game late at night. I ams sure the soundstage will be amazing with open backs. How loud do they get for others say sitting a few feet away ? If it's pretty audible I don't think I'll ever be able to take the open back route.

2 hours ago, SuperT said:
3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Damn! Brilliant setup bro. I often use DT770 pro for gaming but have been wanting to upgrade to open backs the only problem is others will be able to hear it and I mostly game late at night. I ams sure the soundstage will be amazing with open backs. How loud do they get for others say sitting a few feet away ? If it's pretty audible I don't think I'll ever be able to take the open back route.

at full headphone volume, it sounds as if someone is listening to speakers on a mobile at say 20-40% volume

To test, you can just expose the inside of the dt 770 pro cups and ask people around you about audibility 

• Like 1

Got this thing of beauty delivered today.

Bought it during the Amazon sale

Not sure if I'm ever touching that white controller unless this one is low on charge ?

3653-E761-A0-A0-4905-BA46-48-BDF591-EEAB

• Like 2

Pics of the seat and the whole setup please.
And your impressions!

b5680936b35fde4819baf9b66c3460b5.jpg

some how not able to get a proper pic of the whole setup innone frame will try when i get home.

Installation was a pain for me irrespective of what most reviews said. Pretty straightforward in terms of what goes where , but the tolerance of most parts were less so took me a while , but they hold well.

So once its done its comfortable with all the adjustments option available.

Been using it for F1 and absolutely loving it.
The only reason i went for this one is it’s easily foldable and position can be changed to Formula and GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, scuderiaT1fos1 said:

b5680936b35fde4819baf9b66c3460b5.jpg

some how not able to get a proper pic of the whole setup innone frame will try when i get home.

Installation was a pain for me irrespective of what most reviews said. Pretty straightforward in terms of what goes where , but the tolerance of most parts were less so took me a while , but they hold well.

So once its done its comfortable with all the adjustments option available.

Been using it for F1 and absolutely loving it.
The only reason i went for this one is it’s easily foldable and position can be changed to Formula and GT.

computer GIF

@scuderiaT1fos1 tonight ☝️

On 8/2/2021 at 11:33 AM, jak3072 said:

Sister gifted me Kindle Basic as pre-rakhi gift! emoji16.png

047087b53ed325dff606cbdd6150d69d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Damn all this while I have been fooled. I am the one giving gifts to my sister :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Doesn’t count unless you beat dark souls with this setup 

Surely not, how about COD cold war?

16 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Beauty man. How much did you end uo shelling out for the 923?

Had to part  ways with the G25 when i had one for PS3. Waited for Sony to confirm the wheel works for PS5 and made the plunge :P

On 8/3/2021 at 5:06 PM, scuderiaT1fos1 said:

Woah! Many many congratulations. Damages? Can you get the F-GT lite here easily? Any other alternatives?