What you bought this week - 2021 edition

HundredProofSam

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

congrats!!

How much did it cost?

Looks like I’m not the only one affected with the double triple posts ??

I got it for 1.2 , they agreed for 1.12 but I didn’t have a credit card on me (my details were stolen a while back and I blocked it). 
So initially the offer was 1.25 - 10k cash back. Since the cb was a no go I asked them to get it down to 1.2 which they did . 
3 year comprehensive covered for free as well. 
Also paid 10k for a 4th year warranty just in case . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

congrats!!

How much did it cost?

Looks like I’m not the only one affected with the double triple posts ??

I got it for 1.2 , they agreed for 1.12 but I didn’t have a credit card on me (my details were stolen a while back and I blocked it). 
So initially the offer was 1.25 - 10k cash back. Since the cb was a no go I asked them to get it down to 1.2 which they did . 
3 year comprehensive covered for free as well. 
Also paid 10k for a 4th year warranty just in case . 

RpCedYy.jpg?1

Bought this Archer T5E PCIe card, it contains an Intel 7265 Wifi/Bluetooth card, Costed around 2.3k on Amazon, says it has 3 year warranty on box.

Mainly for bluetooth, i'm fed up with DS4 usb disconnection issues on PC.

The BT connectivity works as long as the Wifi is turned off I guess because both use the same antennas, if you have wifi and BT on simultaneously you get interference on the BT end.

Overall it's better than those shitty 400 rupees bluetooth mini dongles that have a range of barely 1 meter and then just die within 3-4 months randomly.

• Like 3

On 8/20/2021 at 10:39 AM, LordSpymaster said:

Finally pulled the trigger on the G733 for the PS5. Yet to test it with the console but comfort wise these seem amazing. Especially the fabric earcups! 

IMG-20210820-092719.jpg%20IMG-20210820-092229.jpg

That colour looks gorgeous! How much did you get these for?

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Overall it's better than those shitty 400 rupees bluetooth mini dongles that have a range of barely 1 meter and then just die within 3-4 months randomly.

This and those knock-off chinese usb hubs are the worst products. I got atleast 3 Bluetooth and got tired of them.

15 hours ago, North said:

Had to get this sick deluxe hardback of Dune! Will be rereading this next month, in anticipation for the movie!

img%5D

img%5D

Where did you get this? Couldnt find this particular hardcover on Amazon.

Found a different hardcover version for 600 bucks. Also, they are bundling hardcover trilogy for 900 bucks which seems like a better value. Though always knew this to be a 6 book series. :scratchchin:

5 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Where did you get this? Couldnt find this particular hardcover on Amazon.

Found a different hardcover version for 600 bucks. Also, they are bundling hardcover trilogy for 900 bucks which seems like a better value. Though always knew this to be a 6 book series. :scratchchin:

I bought it from Amazon. This is the deluxe edition, doesn't show up by default. Just search for Dune Deluxe Edition.

The other hardcover for 600 bucks is the SF Masterworks edition. Its part of a set along with a bunch more SciFi must-read titles. 

Yeah no, not exactly a value for money choice, but I had to have this on my shelf ever since this released, even though I already have it on kindle.

Yes, it is a 6 book series, not counting the garbage stuff by his son. 

On 8/22/2021 at 7:02 PM, PhantomShade said:

RpCedYy.jpg?1

Bought this Archer T5E PCIe card, it contains an Intel 7265 Wifi/Bluetooth card, Costed around 2.3k on Amazon, says it has 3 year warranty on box.

Mainly for bluetooth, i'm fed up with DS4 usb disconnection issues on PC.

The BT connectivity works as long as the Wifi is turned off I guess because both use the same antennas, if you have wifi and BT on simultaneously you get interference on the BT end.

I was also looking for same but got tp link usb adapter let's see how it goes and same use case for me as well 

6 hours ago, DinJo said:

I was also looking for same but got tp link usb adapter let's see how it goes and same use case for me as well 

It's the same mini usb bluetooth dongle you find everywhere only with tp link branding, the chip inside is made by a company called CSR that was purchased by Qualcomm many years ago.

I had one of these with tp link branding, range was bad like 1 meter only without line-of-sight, and then some months later it died with the "device descriptor not found" error.

for now this PCIe card works very well given that it's facing the wall and a bit far from where my controller is