What you bought this week - 2021 edition

HundredProofSam

21 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Have used it for about a day now, some thoughts:

• Battery was at 20% today morning, last charge was Saturday evening. Have everything on except the always-on display
  • The watch isn't heavy or obtrusive, and was able to wear it overnight for the sleep tracking
  • Charging time is about 2 hours
  • Replacement bands by Samsung are expensive, so will try to get the cheaper ones from Amazon later
  • Good selection of watch faces, else can use Facer
  • Need Samsung apps or a modded version of them from XDA, for 2 features, forgot the name
  • Widgets and Android Wear is great, can install apps from the Playstore easily

Lmk ifyou have specific questions

Just wanted to see if its a big difference from the GW3. I had buyer's remorse lol after they announced the GW4 as I got GW3 thinking there won't be another watch for atleast 2-3 years.

Expect 1.5-2 days battery life, not more than that. And if possible avoid Facer and use the watchface apps, although it might be lesser considering the new OS, but afaik Facer consumes a lot of battery.

I think the BP and ECG are the 2 features :P. Get them from XDA, they work pretty well. The BP requires recalibration every 28 days but the reading was very similar to an actual machine and is good to identify high-low BP, especially when you're on the move.

How's the UI and notifications? I don't like the Tizen notification system so wondered if the new UI is any different.

Enjoy the watch!

• Like 1

How's the UI and notifications? I don't like the Tizen notification system so wondered if the new UI is any different.

Watch UI is pretty good. I am able to reply to messages from the watch, though the keyboard / swipe to type takes some getting used to. Side scrolling for widgets is also good.
Yet to test media controls, workout tracking and related UI elements but I feel that I'll be satisfied with those too.
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 9:42 AM, Assassins Creed said:

when RPTech blesses you with a second 3080, Its a  SIGN :fear1:

20210826-150718.jpg

20210826-150645.jpg

20210826-150618.jpg

20210912-002538.jpg

20210912-002212.jpg

Presenting White Dragon !!! :wOOtjumpy:

20210912-005159.jpg

And Yes, one cannot have enough of RGB

20210912-005300.jpg

20210912-011000.jpg

20210912-011023.jpg

20210912-011157.jpg

20210912-012112.jpg

Thanks a ton to Rahim from @Gtek for patiently helping put this together and I highly recommend them for anyone looking to build a PC.. the assemble and wire management work is top notch.. All I did was plug in the GPU and it was ready to go..

I picked the SnowDrop design from their website and asked them to build one in same theme in my budget and bouy they did a top job !!

Let's RTX ON !!!

Amazing stuff.

OP looking rig man. Now thats real nextgen system. Congrats 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Amazing stuff.

OP looking rig man. Now thats real nextgen system. Congrats 

Yeah and also extracting the Next Gen visuals from old games..  I tested GTA V and CONTROL, they looked bonkers at 4K Ultra.. Control is still a bitch needs DLSS for full RT.. Games like Forza, Gears seemed super optimized 100-120 FPS at 4K Ultra easily.. Can't wait for next Forza :wub:

On 9/12/2021 at 9:42 AM, Assassins Creed said:

when RPTech blesses you with a second 3080, Its a  SIGN :fear1:

Presenting White Dragon !!! :wOOtjumpy:

And Yes, one cannot have enough of RGB

Thanks a ton to Rahim from @Gtek for patiently helping put this together and I highly recommend them for anyone looking to build a PC.. the assemble and wire management work is top notch.. All I did was plug in the GPU and it was ready to go..

I picked the SnowDrop design from their website and asked them to build one in same theme in my budget and bouy they did a top job !!

Let's RTX ON !!!

Awesome bro!! ? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

GPU is the main.. If you can get that for non-scalp price then rest is based on your choice..

GPU 62K

Rest 88K

1.5L :surprise:

The set-up is absolutely insane man. Congratulations! 

7 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Nice!

Which model? I am looking at the SX Executive Petrol model myself. And damages? Also, lmk if I can PM you

Its the Ex model. 2nd from the bottom. Was initially looking at a sub 4m car but stretched the budget a bit to get this. Pretty VFM Model. Sure, PM me about anything

• Haha 1