What you bought this week - 2021 edition

HundredProofSam

21 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Nice, howz it ? I'm a huge coffee lover , have morphy richards with me right now, but it doesn't have any way to keep the coffee hot.  Also, the quantity is quite less (just enough for 4 cups , if the coffee decoction is strong) !  Taste is good though, so can't complain.

Do you have "Morphy Richards New Europa 800-Watt Espresso and Cappuccino 4-Cup Coffee Maker "? 

12 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

This is just a drip coffee machine, being marketed as an espresso machine. 

No way it can create the pressure needed to pull a shot. 

IMO, before getting an espresso machine (which is quite a big investment), you should transition into manual coffee brewing methods like pour-over and French press, using freshly roasted and ground coffee. 

Espresso is an extreme and only for hobbyists. 

Edited by VamosReva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

20 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

This is just a drip coffee machine, being marketed as an espresso machine. 

No way it can create the pressure needed to pull a shot. 

IMO, before getting an espresso machine (which is quite a big investment), you should transition into manual coffee brewing methods like pour-over and French press, using freshly roasted and ground coffee. 

Espresso is an extreme and only for hobbyists. 

So what Vamos says is correct.

.One VERY important point about espresso is that you need 9 bars of pressure to make an espresso.  The one that you have is marketed at 4 bars and can probably hit 3 bars practically. That is neither sufficient for making an espresso nor for frothing milk for a proper cappuccino / latte

When you transition to an espresso machine, the grind size of the coffee becomes paramount. Also, you cannot pull more than 2 cups of espresso, using a double shot filter and 2 cups below the portafilter spouts. 

The Gaggia Classic is one of the best entry level prosumer espresso machines out there, so you will get a fantastic cup of espresso, It can rival cafes if you know what you are doing. 

Its also a pretty expensive machine and meant for enthusiasts.

If you are looking to get into espressos but are not very sure, then I would recommend checking out Tecnora. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, amigoatul said:

Any suggestions for a good case and tempered glass for an iPhone 12?

Using a Spigen case currently which is pretty good. How are the Rhinoshield ones?

The spigen glass for iphone 12 is A-class

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, amigoatul said:

Any suggestions for a good case and tempered glass for an iPhone 12?

Using a Spigen case currently which is pretty good. How are the Rhinoshield ones?

rhinoshield cases are really good, but they will add bulk to the phone. 

Recently their quality has improved alot. 

Been using this one 
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08L37ZLWJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Nathan.Drake
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, lithuvien said:

My new coffee machine

Gaggia Classic 

GCP-2.jpg[

Next step: Grinder

Awesome buy, Did you buy it from Vikram Khurana?  how much did it cost ? I have a bean to cup from delonghi , Thinking of replacing with traditional single boiler espresso machine. 

7 minutes ago, sumanth said:

Awesome buy, Did you buy it from Vikram Khurana?  how much did it cost ? I have a bean to cup from delonghi , Thinking of replacing with traditional single boiler espresso machine. 

Vikram Khurana as in CEO of kaapisolutions.? if so, then yes :)

The price is around 42k, The only downside  is that they charge shipping. But they pack it like a tank in a wooden crate and all. 

58 minutes ago, lithuvien said:

Vikram Khurana as in CEO of kaapisolutions.? if so, then yes :)

The price is around 42k, The only downside  is that they charge shipping. But they pack it like a tank in a wooden crate and all. 

Yeah, I'm a student of his :). Any discounts? And its a wonderful machine and you need to buy conical grinder soon to really enjoy your coffee !!

22 minutes ago, sumanth said:

Yeah, I'm a student of his :). Any discounts? And its a wonderful machine and you need to buy conical grinder soon to really enjoy your coffee !!

:) Looks like you have a better chance of discounts than I would.

Yeah. Looking to buy the baratza sette in another month or so, along with a steel tamper. Currently I am using pre ground coffee with the pressurized basket so the plastic stuff is good enough :D

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 10:05 PM, l33tmaniac said:

Had to travel to Chennai for a family event. Picked up Forza Horizon 2, Fable 3 and MGS HD collection from the CeX stores there.

As for Forza Horizon 3, @PranooY was kind enough to pick it up from a CeX store in Bangalore and ship it.

IMG-20210330-203404.jpg

Man even I wanted mgs hd collection. Count me in if you ever plan to get rid of it.