What you bought this week - 2021 edition

HundredProofSam

2 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Follow up question - would the student discount be in addition to any other offer? Like HDFC has a 4000 Rs. off deal going on too on Apple products. Can both be stacked?

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Online it can't be stacked. Offline it varies store to store, most stores offer part student discount + part HDFC discount. You'll have to check, although I have heard that some people have been able to get both.

As Kunjan said, offline is only part student discount, never full. Plus any card based CB. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sobbii said:

4 hours ago, sobbii said:

Pro max 256 97k with some jugaad

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

That’s a huge discount.   you must have gotten it from a friend based in the country where it’s much cheaper. 

8 minutes ago, North said:

Yes, I bought a Kindle Oasis AND physical books. :fear1::fear1:

img%5D

Nice! Expecting a small review. Is it worth shelling out the extra to get an Oasis? I have to change my kindle which is almost 11 years old now.

16 hours ago, b!T said:

Nice! Expecting a small review. Is it worth shelling out the extra to get an Oasis? I have to change my kindle which is almost 11 years old now.

Used it for about 2 days now. I also upgraded from a 10-year old Kindle (which had no backlight/touch at all). The Oasis is a pleasure to use and read on.

As far as the massive price difference goes, it depends on you. If you read casually, a book every couple months here and there, you'll be fine with the Paperwhite.

But if you find yourself reading everyday, even for 15-20 minutes, 100% worth getting the Oasis. Plus I read mostly at night before bed, and the warm lighting makes a lot of difference.

Picked up a new case of Amazon, much better (and cheaper) than the official Amazon ones-

img%5D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, North said:

Used it for about 2 days now. I also upgraded from a 10-year old Kindle (which had no backlight/touch at all). The Oasis is a pleasure to use and read on.

As far as the massive price difference goes, it depends on you. If you read casually, a book every couple months here and there, you'll be fine with the Paperwhite.

But if you find yourself reading everyday, even for 15-20 minutes, 100% worth getting the Oasis. Plus I read mostly at night before bed, and the warm lighting makes a lot of difference.

Yeah, mine's a Kindle keyboard which doesn't have any sort of backlight. I tried using my sister's paperwhite and it seems fine but it doesn't have any option for warm lighting i think.

40 minutes ago, b!T said:

Yeah, mine's a Kindle keyboard which doesn't have any sort of backlight. I tried using my sister's paperwhite and it seems fine but it doesn't have any option for warm lighting i think.

If your Kindle has no Backlight, I suggest you go for the new one. These days even mobiles have warm back-light. Kindle Oasis is much easier on the eyes, and the bigger screen genuinely helps a lot. Physical is still the best for eye care purposes, but Kindle Oasis does come 2nd. Anything without the Warm Backlight, you should avoid. Very long reading spells with the Blue Light being bombarded in your face continuously - that's not good at all. 

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

If your Kindle has no Backlight, I suggest you go for the new one. These days even mobiles have warm back-light. Kindle Oasis is much easier on the eyes, and the bigger screen genuinely helps a lot. Physical is still the best for eye care purposes, but Kindle Oasis does come 2nd. Anything without the Warm Backlight, you should avoid. Very long reading spells with the Blue Light being bombarded in your face continuously - that's not good at all. 

I am fine with my current kindle without backlight. It is pretty easy on your eyes in a well lit room. The reason why i didn't want to buy a paperwhite is because of the reason you mentioned. Let me see if I can demo or borrow an oasis to experience how it is.

5 hours ago, DinJo said:

No one beat these books :D

wonderful things is excellent. Kid loves it.

Not able to find "Moo ba lalala" standalone on amazon.
Able to locate 1 collection (https://www.amazon.in/Boyntons-Greatest-Hits-Doggies-Boynton/dp/0689823223/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=moo+baa+lalala&qid=1625578791&sr=8-2)
Did you source from outside India ?

On 7/1/2021 at 12:02 PM, El Tigre Chino said:

Follow up question - would the student discount be in addition to any other offer? Like HDFC has a 4000 Rs. off deal going on too on Apple products. Can both be stacked?

I'm looking for one as well. I found student discount applicable only online.

When I went to the Apple store, they didn't offer student discount on the iPad, only on Macs. iPads only had the 4k HDFC cashback.

Anyone knows any good deal going on for the M1 chip Pro version, 128GB?