The CryptoCurrency Thread

eddy4823

On 4/18/2021 at 9:27 PM, hannibal09 said:

Is there any step by step guide to start in mining business. Also with all pros and cons

You should do it if
1. you have access to cheap electricity.
2. you already have a decent PC or a GPU since setting up a whole new system is not worthy IMO.

3. Prices of ETH are high AF and might go further up since some updates are on the way.

4. you are ok with tweaking your GPU.

Cons :
1. ETH 2.0 update might stop the mining process completely. Start asap if you plan to. (Mining BTC is way too slow and uses 100% CPU and GPU). Eth consumes only GPU.

2. System would be on 24x7.

this is my 2 months 7 days progress : https://www.etherchain.org/account/2caab92fe92e4b805aef260a392e196fc0d1653b

Edited by eddy4823

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 4:35 PM, eddy4823 said:

Easily. I spent 25k for RTX 3070 after selling my previous card. Since I already had a gaming PC , I didn't need any other investment. 21k in 2 months is what I have received. Tomorrow I'll be paid around 70-75USD since payout is every 14 days.

Thinking for quite sometime to use my 3090 FE for mining when idle. But hesitant thinking what if it causes any damage?

Thinking for quite sometime to use my 3090 FE for mining when idle. But hesitant thinking what if it causes any damage?
That's a risk. Chances are too low and I've read 0 reports so far of any damage. Since you tweak the card to reduce temp to 65C, It doesn't push the fan speed beyond 40%. However you increase the Clock speed to get max output.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

That's a risk. Chances are too low and I've read 0 reports so far of any damage. Since you tweak the card to reduce temp to 65C, It doesn't push the fan speed beyond 40%. However you increase the Clock speed to get max output.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just saw both your videos on mining. Will look for optimal settings for 3090FE.

• Like 1

I currently have 1600 rupees worth of bitcoin in my coinbase wallet, i have no idea about anything in cryptocurrency. can anyone please tell me if i can do anything with these bitcoins or are they completely useless ?

Edited by ModularS

1 hour ago, ModularS said:

I currently have 1600 rupees worth of bitcoin in my coinbase wallet, i have no idea about anything in cryptocurrency. can anyone please tell me if i can do anything with these bitcoins or are they completely useless ?

I'm no expert but from what I understand you can withdraw it if you wish.

Not sure if coinbase let's you withdraw directly to your bank account but I use WazirX. Create an account, verify yourself, add bank account, should take a day or two to verify account, transfer coins from coinbase to WazirX. Withdraw to your account. 

14 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Is there a site or a source for upcoming coin launches? 

Bought some 'sh*t' coins quite early with change I had and they've actually turned out well :/

You can check 

https://coinmarketcap.com/ico-calendar/ - For upcoming ICOs

and 

https://coinmarketcal.com/en/

https://coinmarketcap.com/events/ - For upcoming events which will affect the price of a coin

For sh*t coins

https://tokensniffer.com/ - gets you a list of all newly introduced coins ---- Most of them are rug pulls. Be careful. 

For your own research

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMoonShots/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMoonRocks/

10 hours ago, ModularS said:

Keep it. You have nothing to lose right now. We are in the midst of a bull run and widespread adoption, and bitcoin will go up. Atleast till the year end. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gecko89 said:

I'm no expert but from what I understand you can withdraw it if you wish.

Not sure if coinbase let's you withdraw directly to your bank account but I use WazirX. Create an account, verify yourself, add bank account, should take a day or two to verify account, transfer coins from coinbase to WazirX. Withdraw to your account. 

FYI,Wazirx is having issues with deposits and withdrawals.

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I don't think he became the richest man on earth without knowing what to speak. 

we are talking about two different things. i m just saying just cuz someone's smart doesnt mean he should speak whatever comes first to his mind. look where that got trump. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It got Trump his presidency. 

I'm saying that Elon can do whatever the f**k he wants. He's literally one of the richest people on earth. 

What he should do is not for us to decide. 

He's just goofing around. It's not like he's promoting human trafficking or something. 

The real suckers are the crypto gamblers. 

Bhai sirf suggestion diya. Galti ho gayi re baba. ????

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

when people like this also say join crypto isnt it time to be a bit cautious? (ps I did not watch the whole video)

This is the last person you should be listening to.

If you want to, I'd suggest doing the research yourself, please you will be responsible for bot the profit and loss.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

If you want to, I'd suggest doing the research yourself, please you will be responsible for bot the profit and loss.

I think you got it wrong. What I was saying is when even the most stupid person starts jumping in isn't it a time to be cautious. Have zero investment in crypto and won't have any going ahead ?

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

I swear, this can't be stressed enough.

Just yesterday, SHIB was listed on WazirX and the price was fluctuating between 0.3-0.5 INR, people thronged and bought it like crazy thinking that's cheap (also had 1900% bull run recently), I was seeing single trade volumes of upto 800K coins :P This was weird coz international price was about .0017 INR, knew the price would normalize and drop like an asteroid.

And it did, people are raging on twitter about losing money.

I bought 5Mil SHIBs on Binance and tried to transfer to WazirX to sell at high price thinking I'm a genius. Alas they've disabled SHIB transfer and withdraw.

Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

At least I didn't lose any money :P 

11 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Just yesterday, SHIB was listed on WazirX and the price was fluctuating between 0.3-0.5 INR, people thronged and bought it like crazy thinking that's cheap (also had 1900% bull run recently), I was seeing single trade volumes of upto 800K coins :P This was weird coz international price was about .0017 INR, knew the price would normalize and drop like an asteroid.

I bought 5Mil SHIBs on Binance and tried to transfer to WazirX to sell at high price thinking I'm a genius. Alas they've disabled SHIB transfer and withdraw.

How is the price so different on different brokerages? No-Arbitrage principle nhi pta kya inko or is WazirX doing dhandle bazi? 

25 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

how do you deposit funds on Binance?