The CryptoCurrency Thread

eddy4823

Dear SBI Cardholder, trxn. of USD100.00 on your SBI Card no. ending with xxxx,at EXT_VIS has been declined as the trxn. was attempted on a cryptocurrency/restricted/forex trading/gambling merchant. Incase you have not initiated this transaction,pls. call us at 18601801290 or 39020202(prefix local STD code).

Got this message while using Wazirx. Isn't crypto legal in India?

2 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

Dear SBI Cardholder, trxn. of USD100.00 on your SBI Card no. ending with xxxx,at EXT_VIS has been declined as the trxn. was attempted on a cryptocurrency/restricted/forex trading/gambling merchant. Incase you have not initiated this transaction,pls. call us at 18601801290 or 39020202(prefix local STD code).

Banks can independently decide whether to allow/decline crypto transactions.

• Like 1

Get on twitter and share the rbi statement. Rbi clearly mentioned not to warn people or block crypto transactions. As sbi and hdfc have been doing this for quite sometime with that years old rbi rule which was over thrown by the supreme court.

I have been using dbs since the start. But its only bank transfers. Never tried card loading still. Dbs is crypto friendly bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 1:27 AM, Thegothamchampion said:

I use ZebPay. Never had any issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Regarding mining, It doesn't make any sense to get into mining when the GPU prices are already 35%+ that means it would take us extra 4-5 months to recover our investment. If we take that 4-5 months into consideration it really pushes on the edge of the cliff, As in another 14-16 months we could see the ETH 2.0 coming then those GPU would become useless. However there are other cryptos that can be mined but for that running 12GB GPU would result in higher electricity bills than the payouts. 

So thats why I dropped the plan of building a rig, I would build one once the dust of this mining settles down and The prices of the GPU are around the MRP's. Will build a 6GB GPU rig of probably 8 GPU's (1660S) and mine Raven with it. It would yield better returns than 3060 mining ETH. Whenever I do that I would ping you guys. 1660S use to retail around 24k and now days its around 40k. So lets wait once ETH 2.0 launch comes near all the FOMO GPU miners would run away, Resulting in drop in prices. 

Meanwhile just keep investing, I mentioned few projects in this thread few months back & look at them today all are 2 times from the prices at that time. Still you guys can invest into MATIC-ADA-1INCH but invest at your own risk :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just keen to know on what's been happening recently. People are still mining Ether, wasn't it supposed to end with ETH 2.0 and with the Proof of Stake coming into picture. If someone wants to jumps into Crypto-mining right now, is it a good time or the time to reap profits are gone.

2 hours ago, Swunkjyn said:

Just keen to know on what's been happening recently. People are still mining Ether, wasn't it supposed to end with ETH 2.0 and with the Proof of Stake coming into picture. If someone wants to jumps into Crypto-mining right now, is it a good time or the time to reap profits are gone.

I mine for 24 hours every week just to see how much the rewards are. They are pretty low last I checked. From 15USD per day, it dropped to 5-6USD (RTX 3070 FE). The price of ETH is high as hell, but it's the reward that matters. 

Edited by eddy4823

10 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

I mine for 24 hours every week just to see how much the rewards are. They are pretty low last I checked. From 15USD per day, it dropped to 5-6USD (RTX 3070 FE). The price of ETH is high as hell, but it's the reward that matters. 

Hmm, I may need to reach out to you then for tips on Crypto.

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+