The CryptoCurrency Thread

eddy4823

25 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Made an account with wazirx. Since I don't follow crypto much which other coins are legit and worth buying apart from btc?

None are legit. Everything is speculative on the basis of its future. So if your asking legit than none. if you are asking what coins can make you money others can help.

Just now, rushaboswal said:

None are legit. Everything is speculative on the basis of its future. So if your asking legit than none. if you are asking what coins can make you money others can help.

I mean atleast the tech behind btc, ether and others are legit. There are some outright scams like squid coin etc 

32 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Made an account with wazirx. Since I don't follow crypto much which other coins are legit and worth buying apart from btc?

I've spent some time and found these projects to be good to invest for this year

1. Near - At its all time high currently but the marketcap is still quite low compared to others in the same game

2. Harmony One - Again peaking currently but the ecosystem is growing at a fantastic pace & the price potential over an year or so could be much higher

3. Fantom - Amazing traction in last few months & I expect it to only grow bigger from here

4. Polygon/Matic - The amount they are spending on technological upgrade is insane and that is a reason that their price is not seeing a major upswing since almost all the money is raised by selling of matic tokens.

50% in BTC & Eth is the way to go atleast when starting and another 50% in well researched ALT coins.

Market behaves in quite obscure manner and it has been 2 months of consistent slide down when a big November followed by massive December was expected. January has also been a letdown mostly. People seem to be expecting a major bullish upward swing in market in later Jan & following months.

I'm inclined to believe so as it's also lining up with numerous events that can be a potential catalyst for upswings but then its at best a guess.

If you are about to invest, this could be a good time since overall the market seems suppressed for sure but I'll also suggest going only in with only 40% of capital and deploy the rest later as you see and observe the market more. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Channu said:

I've spent some time and found these projects to be good to invest for this year

1. Near - At its all time high currently but the marketcap is still quite low compared to others in the same game

2. Harmony One - Again peaking currently but the ecosystem is growing at a fantastic pace & the price potential over an year or so could be much higher

3. Fantom - Amazing traction in last few months & I expect it to only grow bigger from here

4. Polygon/Matic - The amount they are spending on technological upgrade is insane and that is a reason that their price is not seeing a major upswing since almost all the money is raised by selling of matic tokens.

50% in BTC & Eth is the way to go atleast when starting and another 50% in well researched ALT coins.

Market behaves in quite obscure manner and it has been 2 months of consistent slide down when a big November followed by massive December was expected. January has also been a letdown mostly. People seem to be expecting a major bullish upward swing in market in later Jan & following months.

I'm inclined to believe so as it's also lining up with numerous events that can be a potential catalyst for upswings but then its at best a guess.

If you are about to invest, this could be a good time since overall the market seems suppressed for sure but I'll also suggest going only in with only 40% of capital and deploy the rest later as you see and observe the market more. 

Solid choices, would add QNT, HBAR & DOT.

Also Catgirl token, high high high risk but potential for shiba, doge run. Put 15k into it, its a solid nft + anime waifu project. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

Solid choices, would add QNT, HBAR & DOT.

Also Catgirl token, high high high risk but potential for shiba, doge run. Put 15k into it, its a solid nft + anime waifu project. 

Been watching QNT & HBAR. HBAR looks like an impressive project.

I have a decent holding in DOT on which I took a leap of faith so big that I've locked them up for 2 years in slot auction for Acala & Moonbeam.

Meme & sh*t coins, I've invested in quite a few with small token amounts but the only one in big profit is Baby Doge :fear1:

Catgirl, I have & I'm down by approx 99% on it :rofl:

Reflecting back on my choices, I've turned quite conservative in this degen space (or so I assume) & spend more time watching than actually buying into projects. 

31 minutes ago, Channu said:

Been watching QNT & HBAR. HBAR looks like an impressive project.

I have a decent holding in DOT on which I took a leap of faith so big that I've locked them up for 2 years in slot auction for Acala & Moonbeam.

Meme & sh*t coins, I've invested in quite a few with small token amounts but the only one in big profit is Baby Doge :fear1:

Catgirl, I have & I'm down by approx 99% on it :rofl:

Reflecting back on my choices, I've turned quite conservative in this degen space (or so I assume) & spend more time watching than actually buying into projects. 

Same here 50% down on cat.

I too Locked my DOT in acala and Moonbeam. Effinity didnt win.

17 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Waiting for budget to see if anything regarding crypto is announced (taxation etc). Hopefully prices will remain the same or fall further. 

The Budget wont really affect the crypto market even if its gonna be a ban of sorts, unless people are trading and holding in Indian exchanges. 
As India has really less volume to affect the cryptosphere as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

Digital Rupee, blockchain, FY22-23

Virtual digital assets: Gains taxed at 30%, no deduction.

Loss from transfer of such assets can't be set off with other income.

Gift of such assets taxable at the hand of recipient.

New form released for such transactions.

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Virtual Digital Assets taxed at 30% apparently ? So all cryptos hit with same ?

Damn! That is double of what was being done currently i.e STCG

Edit -  sorry it was 20% if more than 3 yrs and as per slab if less than that.

Edited by SuperT