Aliens: Fireteam Elite

CarbonCore

Developer: Core Iron Studios

Publisher: Core Iron Studios

Release Date: Summer 2021

Platforms: PS4/PS5, Xbox and Steam

Genre: 3 player co-op 3rd person shooter.

Set in the iconic Alien universe, Aliens: Fireteam is a cooperative third-person survival shooter that drops your fireteam of hardened marines into a desperate fight to contain the Xenomorph threat.

72iSRMr.gif?noredirect

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Developer: Core Iron Studios

Publisher: Core Iron Studios

Release Date: Summer 2021

Platforms: PS4/PS5, Xbox and Steam

Genre: 3 player co-op 3rd person shooter.

72iSRMr.gif?noredirect

Price it cheap and URLy do decently in sales.

• 5 months later...

This game can easily dupe someone into thinking oh wow. Until you see the locations, or the 3x3 weapon upgrades that really are just repeated(though I was ok with those) and the woefully enemy pathing. The locations are just...narrow locations throughout the entire game. Sad

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Aliens: Fireteam Elite

___

OpenCritic: 70

• We've waited far too long for an Aliens game this good, but it's finally here. With an exciting campaign, five exciting classes, a dazzling array of weapons, and a staggering array of monsters to use them on, Aliens: Fireteam Elite is a perfect organism.
  • Aliens: Fireteam Elite does the franchise justice by delivering an addictive co-op shooter set in iconic locations from the films.
  • I can’t stress enough how much fun Aliens: Fireteam Elite is. If you’re a fan of the franchise, don’t pass this one up.
  • Aliens: Fireteam Elite is a valid cooperative shooter, one where you can just drop in and shoot stuff with glee, or put your coordination and teamplay to the test if you're looking for a challenge. There are friendly AIs, but they aren't great and solo play only works at the lower difficulties. Finally, while the game is competent and fun, it also shows its low budget.
  • Aliens: Fireteam Elite does precisely what it sets out to do: letting players kill Aliens and defend hallways. Expecting anything more is only going to lead to disappointment.
  • Whilst not without its faults, Aliens: Fireteam Elite is a satisfying co-op shooter that shows that there's still fun to be had with the Aliens franchise.
  • A fun and flexible swarm shooter that's a little too reliant on being played alongside friends.
  • Aliens: Fireteam Elite does a lot right when it comes to the core gameplay experience, but lacks in its narrative. It adapts all the good parts of a looter shooter and a zombie-like shooter experience at the cost of some repetitive mission objectives.
  • I haven’t had enough fun in coop games until I’ve played Aliens: Fireteam Elite. Sure, it isn’t spectacular, some may even call it “boring”, but the time I have spent playing the game as a fan of the franchise and as someone who loves shooters definitely made the game enjoyable despite the complaints I had.

• 4 months later...