The IVG Podcast Thread - Episode 78: Battlefield Hype

This is the one common thread for the IVG Podcast. Rather than creating new threads for each individual episode, we'll use this thread to post whenever a new episode is published.

=================================

IVG Podcast 49

Just one episode to go before the big five-o, and there is a lot to cover in this episode of the IVG Podcast. So without further ado, here are the topics for episode 49:

• Month two of the IVG Community Showcase
  • The Halo Infinite delay
  • A console without a big first-party launch title
  • DC FanDome: Will we see any gameplay?
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn and Marvel's Avengers PC ports
  • Does Games as a service work for superhero games?
  • Fall Guys: A pleasant surprise

You can subscribe to the IVG Podcast on the following platforms and others:

IVG Podcast on Spotify  IVG Podcast on Apple Podcasts IVG Podcast on Google Podcasts

• Like 3

nice discussion. Boarding school idea :roflroll: and Sam with the disclaimer :P

btw, the back-compat games on Series X are not using any of the Velocity architecture benefits. The reduced loading times and higher sustained FPS are just from SSD and brute processing power.

• Like 1

Haha nope. Working for a PPE distributor. Those bloody hours travelling by public transport, sweating in the Mumbai sun and hoping which ever company I'm visiting has a centralized AC and a lazy contact who makes me wait for hours in the cool air :D. Rinse repeat.

I mean even I feel stupid watching some of these Gaming Journo's go on and on about crunch culture and politics in VG industry(Jim Sterling.lol)!

All of us in audit, work 60-70 hr weeks for 7-8 months a year. 

Every great creation/work, wether artistic or not, is made through excruciating and meticulous effort!

Glad to see you guys discuss this logically!

Edited by kmkaks

40 minutes ago, adity said:

Arre bhai bhai. Another brother from a big 4 sweatshop. 

Hahaha Not big 4, but almost there work life balance wise.

At least I still have time to sleep, unlike the people working for big 4. Poor sods, I feel sad for some of my big4 wala friends, doubt they will even have kids. 

Edited by kmkaks

I have a hard time explaining to my colleagues why I'm not upset sometimes when I have to sometimes sit back over and above my 8 hour shift now (most of these guys are based in EU and US). Lol they think I'm hardworking and I've got some awesome feedback and such :rofl:

How do you explain that its halwa compared to what we consider normal work hours in India.

^^  Work culture in India is seriously f**ked up. My first ever manager had told me during my internship that I "shouldn't leave the office when there's sunlight outside. Its not good for health." , despite the fact that I didn't have any more work remaining to do for the day. Although, that training really did help me get ready to spend nights on the office couch and always remember to keep a spare toothbrush in the bag. 

• Like 1

Here they work hard only during hirings, rest they conduct bollywood quizzes and rangoli contests and go to starbucks for 'client visits'.

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Here they work hard only during hirings, rest they conduct bollywood quizzes and rangoli contests and go to starbucks for 'client visits'.

Sounds like Mindspace :D