Battlefield 2042

hazard12345

14 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

If someone is playing on consoles, it would be smart to turn off crossplay to keep it fair.

The problem with turning off crossplay is it also removes people who have it turned 'on' on the console from the matchmaking pool. And since its turned on by default, that's like 90% of install base gone. Its a very shitty system and one of the reasons why I stopped playing shooter MP on consoles. It benefits no one other than PC install base who get their matches in seconds, and then proceeds to dominate with mouse and keyboards.

5 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The problem with turning off crossplay is it also removes people who have it turned 'on' on the console from the matchmaking pool. And since its turned on by default, that's like 90% of install base gone. Its a very shitty system and one of the reasons why I stopped playing shooter MP on consoles. It benefits no one other than PC install base who get their matches in seconds, and then proceeds to dominate with mouse and keyboards.

Usually getting console players on console. Don't tie up with pc folks unless needed. That's what I noticed playing several matches.

1 hour ago, gursimar991 said:

Any chances there could be a price drop on this game anytime soon? Or should I go for it now itself? ( I am aware about the current condition) you

The player base is ready and playing right now despite of problems which I haven't faced one yet apart from small bugs. 

If you can then get now as later when big titles start to hit market these titles will loose playerbase. 

On 11/27/2021 at 8:36 AM, CarbonCore said:

Which would mean more bots instead of actual players on PS with crossplay turned off :(

On 11/27/2021 at 2:19 PM, Heaven Angel said:

The player base is ready and playing right now despite of problems which I haven't faced one yet apart from small bugs. 

If you can then get now as later when big titles start to hit market these titles will loose playerbase. 

I very much want to get it now but don't know if its the right move or not as alot of others are speculating that some price drop is near.

Currently going for 4100 on amazon

Those skins are for pre-season challenges and santa skin isn't coming. 

• Development for Live Service requires us to work months in advance, and enables us to have options when we reach key moments in our first year
  • Today, we have other priorities, and so whilst we have the skins, we presently have no plans to utilize all of them this Holiday.
  • We also create unique cosmetics for single time use in special #Battlefield Portal modes to further enhance the fantasy in special events.
  • Throughout our live service, you may occasionally encounter these mode locked cosmetics, which don't impact the rest of the game.
  • Separately, we'll be starting our weekly missions next week where you'll be challenged to complete objectives, and be rewarded with new skins
  • Once earned, you'll gain new items for your Collection and we'll have new skins available to unlock each week on the road to Season One

It didn't even go live. People as usual blow out of proportion. Those skins were fine during Christmas time for 1-2 weeks and were only for Portal mode. 

People treat Battlefield as some sim military game when there are more meme modes & stuff than actual sim stuff. Cosmetics department doesn't fix the game. 

Edited by Joe Cool

On 11/27/2021 at 10:05 AM, gursimar991 said:

Any chances there could be a price drop on this game anytime soon? Or should I go for it now itself? ( I am aware about the current condition) you

Not sure but I expect %10 off at max in a few weeks. 

Edited by Adhita G.

Persisting with the game. Moments of 'legacy' Battlefield are there - just not as often as with earlier iterations.

Not many bugs to speak of, but the missing scoreboard, ability to change squads, regular (non-portal) server browser is a sore spot. e.g. have a great game with a team, and then everyone gets dumped into matchmaking again.

10 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Is there no separate thread for Arc Raiders? Its from ex Dice devs, might explain why BF2042 has been meh so far and Arc Raiders looks very interesting :P 

I was going to make it but it seems to be F2P and didn't generate any interest here from the Game Awards thread.

Maybe closer to launch if turns out decent and fun.

• Like 1